Dutch Van der Linde: Too Late part 2

Note: This will be a split type thing. One way you can read on if you stay with Javier, the other is if you go back to Dutch. 

Things had been rough the past few weeks. Shady Belle was still running, but there was tension in the air. Micah had been really pushing the idea of robbing the bank in Saint Denis, Arthur and Hosea was trying to slow them down but it wasn't working well. 

You sighed and sat on the log next to Javier. The sun had set and he strummed his guitar softly. Relationship wise, things felt less stressful. Javier was kind and charming, he'd take you out of camp often if he could and you never minded spending time with him. He made things easy. Yet, there was still that pull toward Dutch that never seemed to quiet down. He'd approach you with small conversation, the charismatic smile and the light touches, it was like he was the original Dutch. 

"How are you hermosa" Javier purred. You looked at him and smiled, "I'm alright Javier, thank you." He shrugged, "Are you sure? Normally you don't sit and sigh like that unless something is bothering you" he stated. "I'm just worried" you caved. Javier sat his guitar to the side, "About what?" 

"The whole bank thing, do you think it's a good idea?" you asked

"I think it'll be a good take" he answered. You knew how much loyalty was to him, he wouldn't openly question Dutch's decisions. 

You hummed a small response and moved your attention to the fire, the way it danced across the darkened backdrop. "Do you think it's a good idea?" Javier asked. He looked at you expectantly and for a moment you were nervous of how to answer. "I don't know. It feels like we're rushing into it all more than what we would have before and Micah is really just pushin it" you said, your voice a whisper.

"Things will be fine Y/N, there's no need to worry." he reassured you with a smile. His response sent a wave of relief through you, "Thank you Javier" you said before standing up. "If you need to get out of camp for a bit, let me know. It might help clear your worries" he said with a small smile as he picked up his guitar again.

As you walked away from the fire you noticed Dutch walking out of the house. Now definitely wasn't the time for him... You moved to take a longer way around, yet his voice still made you stop. Spotted. 

"Good evening Y/N" he hummed as he joined you. "Hello Dutch" you responded. "Aw you really do break a man's heart" he smiled. You rolled your eyes but there was a war going on inside your head. "Would you take a walk with me?" he asked. 

You looked up at him and felt your heart jump at his smile, "Sure" you whispered. He nodded and took your hand into his. Everything felt so natural with him.  You walked with him toward the back of the house, the bushes growing a bit wilder here. Then to the docks. "Sorry if our walk turns into something a tad different" he said with a smile as he stepped into a boat. He held your hand and helped you in, "It's alright" 

Dutch rowed a small distance down the creek before stopping. "I thought you could use something new" he smiled. A lantern hung on both ends of the boat. The thought of everything that could go wrong, all the alligators in the water, the snakes, all should have made you feel uneasy. Yet you felt safe here, Dutch looked at you and gently took your hand. 

"Y/N" he spoke gently. "Yes?" 

"I know I haven't been the kindest to you, and I'd like to make it up to you" he said. "What do you mean Dutch" you asked. The slightest idea of being with him again excited you, there was a part of you that missed him. A part that still loved him and wanted to again. 

You Choose Dutch:                                                                                                                                                             "I mean, I miss you. I shouldn't have pushed you like I did." he sighed, "Would you forgive me?"