Micah Bell: Ailing

Summary: After a few days at Colter, you seem to have picked up a bug somewhere. While you're stuck in bed, Micah takes care of you.

Requested by Zpossum

 You placed your hands close to the fire and let a shiver run through your body. The sun had set a while ago, and the rigid temperatures had only gotten worse. Soon a familiar figure approached from the barn, "Charles" you said. He nodded, "Go get warm for a bit, I'll take over" he said. You shook you head, "I'm all good here, you need to take it easy with that hand anyway" you replied with a smile. He didn't argue, he knew you better than to try and get you to give in. "At least take this" he said as he placed a blanket over your shoulders. 

"Thank you Charles" you said as you sat on the log by the small cabin. He nodded before heading toward one of the other cabins.

The night wore on, and you struggled to stay warm despite the added blanket. While it wasn't unbearable, or something that could be life threatening, you still craved the warmth of your bed. In Micah's arms. You smiled at the thought of climbing in bed and running your cold hands up his back. 

The sun had just barely peaked over the horizon when Javier stepped out of the cabin behind you. "Were you out here all night?" he asked with a yawn. You shrugged, "Charles offered to take over, but with that burnt hand, I doubt he could shoot any good if needed." you answered. Javier nodded and held out his hand for the rifle. You handed it over and waved as you walked toward the large cabin. 

You shared the big building with Dutch and Molly, Arthur, and Hosea. 

When you walked in, Hosea was already up and poking at the fire in the fireplace. "Good morning" you whispered. Hosea looked up at you, "Good morning Y/N. How was your night" he asked quietly. "Uneventful" I smiled. "Just like it should be" Hosea said with a light laugh.

You moved into your shared room and smiled at the sight of Micah still asleep on your bedroll. Carefully you climbed in beside him, throwing the extra blanket across the two of you. He groaned at the touch of your cold body near his. You smiled and pulled the blankets close as you closed your eyes.  

----

"You plannin on sleeping all day Y/N" Micah asked teasingly. You sighed as you opened your eyes, "I didn't see you out there on guard duty last night" you grumbled. Micah laughed, "No because I ain't crazy."

Reluctantly you climbed out of your bed roll. The chill of the cabin sent a shiver through your body. You moved toward Micah and wrapped your arms around him as you sleepily hugged the outlaw. He held you closer and planted a kiss on your head, "You keep me in here any longer and their going to think we're getting warm in here" he smirked. You looked up at him, your cheeks lightly flushed and rolled your eyes. 

The day drug on, Arthur and Charles had gone out hunting for a bit, Dutch and Hosea talked about their next move, and you sat by John laughing and talking. After a bit, you got up and joined Jack in playing in the snow for a bit. You smiled when you noticed Micah watching you play with the small boy, a soft smile on his face. Once he noticed you had caught him, he quickly looked away from the scene. 

By the time Pearson had a stew made, you weren't feeling well. 

You sat in the main cabin by the fire, Tilly had walked by you with a plate. The smell made your stomach flip. The more people that filled the cabin, the worse you felt. The smell of the food in the air and the look of it was enough to send you out of the cabin. You ran to the side before throwing up what little bit of food was in your stomach.