Bill Williamson: New To This

Summary: You just joined the gang after starting a relationship with Bill Williamson. You confront Micah on some of the rude comments he's made toward you.

It was a pretty normal day in camp. You wore your favorite skirt and a pastel blouse to match. You had busied yourself with chores most the day, the other girls had pretty much accepted you into their ring. Bill was out on a job and there was no telling when he might return, so to keep your mind off of your worries you looked for anything to do. 

You walked through camp and as you watched as Micah sat down at one of the tables. You had made a note to avoid him. Bill had told you about him and the other women had warned you as well. He didn't scare you, you knew if he was going to dish it out that you could toss it right back. 

You carried a basket of dirty clothes over to the wash bin you had set up, and as you walked by his table again you heard him call out to you. Of course you ignored him, there were better things to do. 

It was about noon when you finished with laundry. You walked with Karen over to Pearson's wagon to get a drink when the same voice called out to you again. Karen rolled her eyes and you peaked over your shoulder, "Ya'know, you'd probably look better if you wore some clothes like Miss Karen here" he snickered. Karen pushed him away and against your better judgement you kept your mouth shut and followed. 

He had been set on making comments whenever you passed him ever since you got here. SO it wasn't a surprise when he found you again a bit later. "So Y/N, how much did it cost to get you here" Micah asked. "Leave me alone" you stated and tried to move past him. Micah moved in front of you again, blocking your path and smirked. "Must not'a been much since Williamson is the one that brought ya here" he laughed. 

"You deaf or something" you asked, angrier now, "I said leave me alone." You pushed past him and heard his laugh as you walked away. 

The sun was starting to set and Pearson had just finished the stew for supper. You grabbed a plate and sat down at the fire. Javier sat on the opposite side, and Mary-Beth sat beside you. "It feels nice to relax for a bit" Mary-Beth sighed. You nodded and smiled, "I know, at least we'll have less to do tomorrow" you said. 

"Please, you don't do much of anything" Micah scoffed as he sat down. Mary-Beth ignored him and you tried to. "You want to talk about real work, maybe you should stop prancing round camp and actually go out and pull your weight" he continued. 

God knows how long he went on his tirade for. You stopped listening after he hinted at you being a prostitute for the fourth time. By the time he stopped talking Javier had told him to shut up a few times and Mary-Beth was getting up to leave. You were tired of it, you didn't know what you did to provoke him but you were done. You saw red as you stood up, your plate falling from your lap. 

Without thinking you punched him in the jaw. Micah fell of his log, the plate he had spilling over his shirt. "I don't know who the fuck you think you're talking to Mister Bell, but I am sure as hell not the one to mess with" you stated. He laughed and you kicked him in the side.

You hadn't noticed the two men riding into camp, yet they arrived in time to watch the event. With an extra kick you stormed off toward your own horse. Micah spouting obscenities behind you. 

"H-Hey" Bill tried as you mounted and left camp. He shot a glare at Micah who was complaining about his shirt. 

The thought crossed Bill's mind to give Micah some more, but decided against it in favor of going after you. Of course you weren't hard to find, you were down near the river. 

The sound of the horse approaching gave you the warning, you knew who it was. He didn't normally go after you but today you felt glad that he had. "I can take it. I've dealt with people like Micah all my life" you started, not turning to face him. "I can hold my own too. Just when he keeps it up, and in camp..." Bill stood beside you now and waited. 

He nervously scratched the back of his neck and shifted his weight to his other foot. You looked at him, "I'm new to this. I ain't never been in a gang or run with a group of people like what you all have. I could have done anything, but I stopped myself because I'm new here." 

Bill nodded, he wasn't that great with words to begin with let alone words of comfort. That was enough though. Him just being there with you was enough. So the pair of you walked the shore of the river and you talked away your frustrations. 

----

Most of the camp had already moved to their bedrolls or tents for the night when you returned. As you walked toward your own tent Bill wrapped an arm lazily around your shoulders and lightly kissed your head. An affectionate move that he rarely made in the open, but still made you happy. 

Requests?