Opened

The cold wind isn't bothering him, just pulling him into the warm memories of the past, like silk wrapping his heart strings in knots of gentle reminder of his old self, his older younger self...back when they were kind and simple and he was oh so happy. Never looking forward for anything other than the company of his friends and brother and sister but always ready for anything that remotely resembled an adventure. He used to hold his sword to learn and grow, filled with pure passion and an ego that was of a child with no reason to fight. Anyone. or anything. His brother and his sister and his world... everything was.

Everything belonged to him and he belonged here. He always thought so, never backing away just because things seemed difficult. Spells, ghouls or something unknown.

The first time he came to cloud recesses, he was expecting fun and challenges, both at the same time. This was different though...he did make friends and he did have fun and he did get everyone in trouble. Of course, it was his fault, not all but most. No one else could even imagine the things he came up with. He so terribly regretted getting the human sawn in trouble, punching a human peacock? Not so much.

His thoughts followed him to the time getting back home and he left it at that. Everything else wasn't a memory but a cursed book filled with his tears and blood of the ones he loved. A book he couldn't stop reading, couldn't rip apart or even close. It just never went away and to keep pushing was an act of disrespect to his previous self. It was after all the Wei Ying he knew himself to be...his mind and body didn't match but that doesn't mean he had to change.

He's lying...

He could only say it to himself though, only on the inside...never out loud. like something would listen and laugh at him for being incomplete and hollow. Yes, this isn't him...any of it! He doesn't recognize this face and he doesn't recognize the hands that are holding the instrument he loved so much. Coming back was so easy, the blood that was spilled on the floor wasn't exactly his...he was brought back for a purpose as simple as revenge. He could have laughed at the situation he was in but he couldn't, now that he was here again, he wasn't sure anymore...

He's been numb for how long he didn't know. Death wasn't kind on him. Leaving him empty...he couldn't get a word out or in. not inhaling or exhaling. not a single speck of anything known could past the veil of this opposite side of life. He still remembers the buzzing and the lava red lights that consumed him before throwing him back into a lifeless body... almost like throwing him back out to live another life just so he would miss death again. Like a cruel lover, ready to make him dance with broken bones and on the sounds of cries he was positive he was responsible for.

_____________________________________________________________

The sun was proven to be decorative in cloud recesses. Wei ying missed the home he was forbidden from...and there was no one there who wanted him to be there.

he was back to cold and fluid cloud recesses in a month after he left lan zhan here...or lan zhan let him go. They weren't sure about where to take this unique bond they had made through the fog and rain leaking from his past life to this one and it satisfied neither of them.