Chapter Five-Headlines

"You need to take it easy, Felix. " Marzia was pushing me back into my chair. My stomach growled in protest but my aching ribs said otherwise. I sighed and looked around my living room. The sun filtered in through the curtains and it was a beautiful day. I've only been home for two days but I was already restless and wanted to play some games.
I watched Marzia leave to work on lunch and I popped my laptop open. I scrolled YouTube and the front page was covered in goodbyes to Cry. I sighed sadly and put the laptop down resting back.
It felt like a dream, but here I was in reality. I looked over at the clock and groaned that time ticked on slowly. My stomach roared.
"Shut up! I know!" I huffed and crossed my arms as I looked down at stomach. I could Marzia laugh in he kitchen and she soon came out with some soup. I happily wolfed it down.
"Geez, you really were hungry." I nodded and I popped open my laptop and popped open Steam. I scrolled through the games eagerly. Marzia hugged my arm as she watched me. I could feel her breath on my neck and I frowned. It didn't feel as comforting as it should. I turned to ask her if something was wrong and stopped. There she was. Standing in the kitchen getting more soup. I looked at my arm.
Cry. That poker faced mask was looking directly at me. I could see the blue eyes that hid behind that mask. His mouth was pursed into a frown. He held a tight grip onto my arm.
"Ryan?" I whispered and he frowned more. He pulled away and he walked toward the door. My heart stopped as I watched him pass through the closed door.
"Felix?" I turned to Marzia. "You look like you seen a ghost."
"I'm alright. I think I just need fresh air and a walk!" I got up and left quickly. Cry was standing outside. He was waiting for me.
"Cry I can't tell you how h-" I stopped as he turned and began to walk down the street. I followed after him. "Cry what's going on?" Silence. I looked around wondering if anyone else could see him but I figured not.
We stopped at a newspaper stand. Cry turned at me and he stretched his arm out. I followed his arm to where he was pointing at. A newspaper. My stomach churned at the headline. "Family murdered in Sleep." I picked up he newspaper and read through it.
"' The Monroes were the picture perfect family you'd find in movies,' says neighbor Steven O'Reily. The small family of four was found this afternoon when O'Reily arrived to pick up his six year old daughter. Martha and Trent Monroe were found in pieces in their bedroom. Their two sons however were missing from the scene. Blood and tissues samples were discovered says Officer Cornell. The police have suspected that the two sons but search for the missing boys is still underway."
" Cry, what is this?" I turned to look at him.
" Something is coming." He whispered and he looked at me.
" What is coming Cry?"
" Something....wrong." He looked at me. His beautiful eyes were full of worry.
" Cry what can I-" I stopped and looked around. We were alone. The stars twinkled in the night sky and I looked around. "He long have we been out here?" Cry grabbed my hand and I pulled away and backed up. I felt the heat rise in my cheeks. "C-Cry?" My back pressed against brick.
Cry closed the space between us. His chest was pressed against mine and he whispered in my ear. "I love you." I froze. I never expected hose words from him. "I always loved you. Don't question me. I'll protect you. Always."
" Ryan, I-" he put his finger over my lips and I looked into his eyes. It was just a glimpse but I swore they were completely black. And cold. " I have to go." I pulled away and began to walk home. What is going on? Monsters don't exist. The dead doesn't come back. I don't understand. What is happening?
click.
" Turn around slowly." I gulped at the feeling of the gun at my back and I turned slowly. He wore a black robe, clearly a priest. His hair was golden and seemed to glow. "I've been watching you, Felix."
"Who are you?"
" Stephano."