part 7 - discovered

=

you sighed, tilting your head to crack your neck, your feet aching and your back killing you.

another day at you aunts bakery, she was in the back, taking care of a special order *cough* welcome cake for Harry *cough*

you had worked at her *Starkiller* bakery since you were 14, working a 4 hours a day shift after school, getting paid 15 an hour and working 4 days a week with Fridays and weekends off.

it was how you paid for your dirt-cheap but lavish apartment.

yawning you grabbed a stool and dragged it over to you, plopping down on it, leaning against the front counter, today seemed to be a slow day, hardly any costumers, and luckily no paparazzi.

you let your weight fall, chin hitting your knuckles as you fell against the counter. you blew a stray hair away from your eyes, tucking it behind your ear.

the door dinged, you sat up, putting on your customer service voice. "hello~ and welcome to Starkiller bakery, how may I help you?"

"This place was named after StarWars wasn't it?" you knew that voice, your eyes snapped open, and there stood china ann McClain, you knew it wasn't uma, due to the definitely- not ocean green hair and the fact it wasn't long.

"pfft yeah, my aunts obsessed with it, she really liked force awakens and named her bakery after it." China smiled, nodded, glancing over your front end selection.

"ill have that" she pointed at a chocolate croissant, you smiled and nodded, grabbing the tongs and parchment paper bag "how many?"

"two, im waiting for a friend" you nodded, quickly stashing two in the bag and ringing china up.

"two fifty" chinas brows raised, smiling slightly "wow cheap" you grinned, tapping the card button. "yep, 1.25 each"

" 'ey China, i think i blew our cove'r" you paused, Harry's voice flowing through the shop, but you knew Harry was in his world taking remedial goodness.

you locked eyes with him, Thomas Doherty, who brow rose as you stared. china turned, handing him the bag "are you serious Tommy? what did you do?"

"I couldn't help it!! there was a little girl who recognized me and asked for a picture! I couldn't refuse she was so cute!" china snorted, rolling her eyes.

"whatever, also shes the one i saw with your dopple-ganger" you froze, shoulders crunching up as Thomas whipped around to stare at you.

"Really?" you swallowed harshly as Thomas took long strides towards you, leaning in closely/ "look lass, i have a few questions and suspicions, and i want yeh to answer them truthfully, please"

you nodded slowly, backing away from him.

"are yeh, or are yeh not dating someone who looks like meh?" you sighed, you knew you wouldn't be able to get out of this so you just nodded, Thomas seemed surprised at that, considering he leaned back and rose his brows.

"Okay, didn't think ye would admit that easily?" china groaned from the background.

"Hey (y/n)! FG let me off....early...shit" harry was in the doorway of the bakery, face clenched in a wince, Thomas whipped around, jaw-dropping as he stared at harry.

"oh shit" you and harry muttered together, paling as china looked from Harry to Thomas. and Thomas and Harry simply stared at each other.

"who are yeh" Thomas' accent thickened, a glare setting on his face, striding towards harry. Harry's arm whipped around the curved end of a hook at Thomas' throat, a dangerous grin on his face.