part 9 - working overtime

=

You sighed, tying your apron around your waist, leaning back to spot uma and china talking away at the table in the corner.

you heard a rushing of footsteps, your aunt stumbling down the stairs.

"shit shit shit!" she muttered, wringing her hands together, her teeth clacking together.

"Auntie?" you muttered, walking over to her and patting her shoulder "what's wrong?"

"five people called out today, it's just going to be us!!!" she screeched, running her hands through her short pink hair.

You paled, your aunt's bakery was always busy, it had gained popularity over the last few months and you had gone from 50 customers a day to over 250, and that wasn't including online orders.

"shit...wait!" your aunt watched confused as you bolted away from her to the front of the store, skidding to a stop in front of Uma and China.

"hey Uma, you were a waitress, right?" she nodded confused "great, could you help out today, we have five people call out and it's just me and Tonks and we need help" Uma nodded and stood to make her way to the back.

"your aunt's names is Tonks?" China laughed, finishing her mocha and standing.

"yeah" you muttered, glancing to the clock, one hour to the mid-day rush "she likes to go by that since she looks like her"

China snorted, walking towards the back.

"what are you doing?" you asked confused, jaw-dropping slightly as china smiled and said.

"helping, you needed more people right? I've done retail before, I got this"

You laughed, cleaning up the table and getting everything ready.

Soon both China and Uma emerged from the back, both wearing black aprons with the bakery's symbol on it.

"sweet thanks you two" you finished checking out a customer, wishing them a good day and beaming at the two girls.

"so what did Tonks set you two on?"

Uma spoke first "cashier, China is going to be in the back with tonks and you are just gonna keep doing whatever" you nodded, walking to the sink to wash your hands.

"Alright, well that means i'll be up here with you, i'll dish out orders while you take orders and get stuff from the pastry panel okay?"
she nodded, glancing over the tablet.

"okay first, let's teach you how to use the register"

=

You sighed, sipping on your mango, banana, Strawberry smoothie (if ur allergic to any of those, just some sort of other icy drink)

"that turned out better than I hoped, thank's you guys, that would have been like hell without you"

Harry hummed, head leaning on your shoulder munching on a glazed doughnut "no problem lass, sorry I was late"

"no worries har" you laughed, rubbing your cheek to the top of his head "though it would have been great for you to be there the entire time, you got called back to auradon by Gil because of ...why?"

Harry snorted, "the crew came over and started wrecking our place, had ta put 'em in their place"

"ahh" you giggled, sinking into your chair "gotcha"

China groaned from her spot, flopping her head into her arms on the table. "I forgot how awful retail was, how do you do that every day?!"

You laughed, Uma joining in "you just get used to it" uma sniggered, patting Chinas back.

Your aunt came our from the back, flipping the keys in her hand, holding three envelopes, "alright kiddos, locking up, let's go" the four of you stood, harry tossing his arm over your shoulder.

You aunt handed an envelope to Harry, Uma, and China, the three looking at her oddly, "your pay for today, thank you guys so much for helping, even though you had to obligation to"

Uma and Harry glanced at each other, then looked up at Tonks "wait you're paying us?" uma muttered, ripping open the envelope and jaw-dropping as she looked at the amount.

"fer real?!" Harry gasped, unbelieving, blinking surprised at Umas check "yer actually paying us?"

"yes?" Tonks tilted her head confused, "I wasn't going to just have you work with no pay, that would be awful of me"

Harry and Uma just blinked, staring dumbfounded at your aunt, you sighed, stepping in-between the two vks and pulling on their arms.

"well, see ya, tomorrow auntie, ~"

She waved you goodbye as you lead the two stunned vks away and an amused China followed you "alright, see ya goodnight!"

=

China and uma exchanged numbers, waving goodbye as you entered your key into a door lock.

"text me uma!"

"will do, see ya girl!"

Uma stepped through first, harry taking your hand and leading you through.

"Hey, guys" Carlos's voice echoed through the living room, seeming to come from the piles of blankets, pillows, chairs, and boxes.

"did" uma mumbled, walking around the fort "did you guys make a pillow fort?"

"yeah!" Gil's voice sprouted from"doors in the front!"

"wheres the fron'?" Harry laughed, scratching his head.

"found it" you crawled through the blanket door, gasping as you caught sight of the high strung fairy lights.

"welcome" jay muttered, his hood delicately placed over his head, "to our comfort cave, state your name and purpose."

You glanced down, in front of jay was a large board, with little action figures. And dice.

"Are you guys playing dnd?" you laughed, crawling further into the fort, allowing uma and harry to crawl in.

"yes," jay spoke in a misty voice, obviously holding back laughter "now state your name and purpose~"

"have you really started or are you just getting started"

"We did a one-shot and then now were are doing a real campaign!" gil cheered, licking off Cheeto dust from his fingers.

"Alright I'll play, gimme a character sheet and dice"

The boys cheered, allowing you to make a spot between Gil and harry. Uma sat back, preparing to enjoy the chaos.

"now let us begin~"

-end of part 9-