9 | the apologetic

9 | THE APOLOGETIC

After the escape off of the planet, the dead seemed to have awakened in the galaxy

After the escape off of the planet, the dead seemed to have awakened in the galaxy. The proclaimed dead Emperor Palpatine had broadcasted his voice throughout space. General Leia Orana dispatched some secret agents--Chewie, Poe, Celestia, and Finn--to gather intelligence on the situation. They find that Palpatine is on the planet Exegol. From the now deceased Luke Skywalker's notes, they find that a wayfinder was the only thing that could lead them there. Rey was left for a bit to train as a Jedi. As quickly as she appeared, she had disappeared to proceed in her Jedi training with Leia. Although the resistance had escaped the grips of death of the First Order, they seemed to still be outnumbered in weapons and men by their enemy. The only advantage they had now was to get to Palpatine and eliminate him before he gains control over the First Order.

Celestia was still cross with Poe, and he was being as risky as ever since their split. Poe, Rey, Finn, Chewie, BB-8, C3PO, and Celestia were all on their next mission, weeks after Rey's training ended and after they gained the information about Palpatine. The group was on the Millenium Falcon, on their way to Pasaana, where a clue was hidden to a wayfinder.

Chewie, Finn, and Poe were playing a board game while Celestia sat in the cockpit picking at her nails. Suddenly, the ship began to beep wildly. She heard the heavy footsteps of Chewbacca nearing her. He began speaking in Wookie to her. Now, her Wookie was a bit rough, but she could somewhat understand him. "Are you really going to keep ignoring him?" He asked her.

"There's nothing to talk about with him." She shrugged, watching as Chewie fumbled with some buttons on the Falcon.

Chewie grunted at her and took a peek around the corner. He mumbled, "he's coming." To warn her Poe was arriving as she was his co-pilot on this flight.

* * *

Once they landed on Pasaana, everyone stretched their legs outside of the ship amongst the sandy ground. The ship was a little tight for the number of people on it. "You sure this is it?" Poe asked Threepio.

"These are the exact coordinates that Master Luke left behind," Threepio replied.

The group rounded a corner of a small mountain only to be met with an enormous crowd of locals. There had to be thousands of them there. The crowd was decorated with beautifully colored kites and other unique decors that emphasized the celebratory nature of the gathering. They seemed to be having a festival. It was so... happy. A feeling everyone in the group hadn't felt in a while. Their lives were so full of dread and fear that they never got to enjoy life like these natives. The last time Celestia could think of when she was genuinely happy.. was when she was with Poe. Her eyes flickered over to him then tore away before he spotted her looking at him.

"What is this?" Finn was bewildered at the sight. He of all people wouldn't know what was going on due to his entrapment as a stormtrooper for so many years. All he knew was violence, it was surprising he was as kind as he was. "The Aki Aki festival of the ancestors. This celebration occurs only once every 42 years." Threepio answered.

Poe rubbed his temples. Rey stared in awe at the crowds. "Just our luck," Celestia muttered under her breath.

"Lucky indeed!" Threepio seemed quite cheerful. "This festival is known for both its colorful kites and its delectable sweets."

Everyone turned around to eye Threepio, shooting him a serious stare to remind him of the seriousness in nature of their mission. He seemed to shrink under their glares.

* * *

The natives were chattering happily. Amongst them, the group was certainly outcast as their differing species made them an eyesore for the locals. "I've never seen anything like this." Rey relished in the joyful nature of the people.

"I've never seen so few wayfinders." Finn grumbled.

"There's always random First Order patrols in crowds like these," Poe warned the team.

"That's wonderful, it's not like our presence is too obvious or anything. With a shiny gold droid, a huge wookie, a girl with an oversized stick and three unhooded humans armed to the brim with blasters." Celestia spoke over the cheers of the crowd at the group pushed through the chaos.

"So, keep your heads down," Poe suggested after Celestia's comment.

"Let's split up, see what the locals know," Poe instructed the team. Before Celestia could even react, Poe stomped off, Rey wandered away--distracted by the festivities-- and the droids wandered away. This leaving Celestia with Poe. She rolled her eyes. "Nope, you're with me. We've all got partners in case anything goes bad." Poe told her.

She sighed and brushed past him to lead the way somewhere. He kept at her heels to try and catch up to walk beside her. "Cel--" he began to speak.

"Partners doesn't mean we have to talk, Dameron."

"Would you just listen to me for one minute? You haven't even given me a chance to talk to you since...since..." Poe began, then trailed off at a loss for words on what to describe it. The time they argued, or the time they officially broke up?

"Since you decided that I didn't need to be respected in this relationship anymore? Since you embarrassed me by yelling at me in front of my boss and colleagues? Or was it since you started saying mean things to me when I was confronting you for your actions?" Celestia stopped in her tracks to look him dead in the eye.

"Cel, I'm sorry, okay? I should've said it the first time around. But I'm saying it now." Poe took a step closer to her, reaching out his hand to touch her cheek. She dodged it by taking a step back. "A sorry won't cut it for me. I need to see actions." She told, keeping her ground despite desiring for him to touch her once more. But she knew if she gave into that touch, she'd be wrapped around his finger by how easily accepting she was.

"I'm sorry, anyway. I truly am." He told her with sad eyes. She whipped around and continued about her trail, she couldn't look into those eyes for too long. She'd fall into a deep trance if she did.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
im baaaackkk sorry i took so long but at least I'm back and will be finishing this story sooooon.