14 | freedom

14 | FREEDOM

Everyone followed Celestia out of the base, minus Babu Frik since that was his home

Everyone followed Celestia out of the base, minus Babu Frik since that was his home. "How dare you! We've only just met!" Threepio tried to yank his arm away from Celestia, but she kept an iron grip on his metal, refusing to leave anyone behind.

"Celestia!" She heard Zorii, stopping her in her tracks.

The rest of the group continued on, Poe taking Threepio with him. She flicked out her captain's medallion and placed it in the palm of Cel's hand. "Might get you on a capital ship. To help your friend." Zorii nodded firmly at Cel.

She shook her head. "I can't, you need this." She tried to refuse.

"You need it more." She assured her, pushing Cel's hand away from her.

Cel gulped. She threw her arms around the woman and gave her a tight squeeze. "I like you."

"I like you, too." Zorii chuckled.

Celestia turned on her heel to take off, but she was stopped once again. "One more thing," Zorii shouted, "take care of him for me." Celestia smiled small at her a nodded, then finally took off sprinting after the group with the cold medallion in her palm.

* * *

Upon entering the ship, Poe was already seated and ready to go. Cel reached out and placed the medallion in the ship's dashboard to indicate to any other ship that they had free passage. "The medallion?" Poe looked up at Celestia.

Celestia looked down at him with her bright red nose from the cold. "Zorii." Was all she had to say for him to understand that Zorii had given her the medallion to safely escape.

"Clear for entrance into hangar 12," Poe spoke into the coms.

"Flying straight into a destroyer. Never thought we'd get this far." Cel admitted, palming her forehead at how insane they were for doing that.

Quickly, they landed into the hangar of the destroyer and opened up the ship to allow the inspecting stormtroopers to walk straight into their trap. Quietly and effectively, they took out the two troopers and ran inside the destroyer, leaving the droids behind on the ship. "Which way?" Rey asked Finn.

"Uh, no idea. Follow me!" Blindly, everyone followed Finn, since he was the only one with the slightest bit of knowledge of the First Order ships.

* * *

Their blasters drawn, they crept into the area where they kept prisoners. Two troopers jumped out in front of them, but Rey already began using her ability to compel the weak-minded. "It's okay that we're here." She waved her hand.

The troopers lowered their weapons and quietly accepted that they belonged there. "We're looking for a prisoner and his belongings," Rey spoke to the troopers.