Chapter 29

Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy.

                      Eniola's POVArriving on the door step of my childhood home with my fiancé by my side to introducing him to my family is very nerve racking

Eniola's POV
Arriving on the door step of my childhood home with my fiancé by my side to introducing him to my family is very nerve racking.
I felt Felix give my hand a gentle squeeze, I smile tightly looking up at him.
"It'll be fine" He said trying to ease my racing heart.
I nodded kissing his cheek, took a deep breath and knocked 3 times on the wooden door.
I heard 3 muffled voices that sounded like they were arguing behind the door.
Felix looked at me with amusement written all over his face.
The door opens and my brothers and my only cousin had their mouth agape when they saw Felix and I standing in front of them.
"Sis!" The twins yelled in unison tugging me to their bodies almost squeezing the life out of me.
"Damn it, you guys are killing me" I said in a strangled groan.
The quickly let go of me, "Sorry sis, we just miss you that's all" Olu said kissing the side of my head.
"Yeah yeah, I also missed you two idiot" I joking said in a teasing tone.
I stood between my brothers and Felix
"Felix, these two handsome gentlemen's are my younger brothers" I said in a very posh accent.
"This is Ayo and Olu" My brothers started fixing their collars and dusting the invisible dirt off their clothes.
From the corner of my eye, I saw Mary jay rolling her eyes at my brothers cocky antics.
"What about me?" Mary jay asked pouting.
Adorable little thing but she's a demon. She looks like the sweetest person but the words and attitudes from this girl would make you think twice.
Mary jay is my Dad's younger sister's daughter. My Auntie died from lung cancer in 3 years ago.
We were the only family she has, that's why my stepmom adopted her now the little spawn has made our lives so much hard but at the same time lively due to her enthusiastic personality.
"I didn't forget you, fool" I said pinching her cheek making her whine painfully.
"This little doll is my only cousin, Mary jay" I said introducing the overly excited girl.
"Nice to meet you, Felix" She said with a beaming smile showcasing her pearly whites.
Felix outstretched his hand to shake hers but instead of an handshake she pulled him into a hug patting his back as they swayed to the side.
I had to pull her off Felix, I saw the heart eyes when she looked at my man.
"Felix, do you have a brother?" Mary jay asked with a big cheeky smile.
Ayo and Olu looked at her like she's gone mad.
"No, I don't" Felix responded making my brothers look relieved.
"Mary jay, you're too young to date" Olu said smacking her upside the head.
"Stop that shit and mind your fucking business, I'm grown" She said jutting her chin up while rubbing the back of her head.
Felix and I stared at each other holding back our laugh watching the three musketeers as they began arguing back and forth.
"17 is not grown you twit" Olu said flicking her on the forehead.
I grabbed Felix's hand dragging him away from the commotion.
Because of those bloody idiots I never bring people home.
"Come let me introduce you to my mother"
"I thought your mom's dead?" I could hear the confusion in his voice.
"Real mum's dead but stepmom raised me" I told him over my shoulder as I pulled him along to the kitchen because that's my mum's favorite place in the house.
I could smell my favorite cake as we neared the kitchen. I released Felix's hand rushing into the kitchen to hug my mum's shorter frame from behind.
"Mummy" I mumbled burying my face in the corner of her neck.
She turned around holding my face in her, kissing my forehead and cheeks.
"My baby, you look so different now" Mum said then pulled me down for a hug.
Once, I drew back. I couldn't keep my excitement inside.
I lifted my hand showing her the beautiful ring on my finger.
"Mama, I'm getting married!" I said excitedly as we both squealed jumping up and down.
"Let me see it" She grabbed my hand observing the gleaming rock.
"I'm proud of you" I mumbled a small 'thank you' to her
Rushing over to Felix who awkwardly stood by the kitchen door.
I moved us closer to where my mum stood.
"Mummy, this is the love of my life Felix Coleman and Felix this is the best mum in the whole wide world Temitayo Oladipo" I said introducing the two to each other.
To be honest, I'm scared of her reaction because some African parents aren't very supportive of interracial relationship or marriages.
They want their children to be with either someone they picked for them of someone from the same race, culture and tribe.
It's the 21st century and people who still think like that need to wake up because the millennial age is not with the stuck in the past traditions.
"Welcome to our home, Felix. It's very nice to see the man my daughter has been taking about for years now" My mum said hugging a surprised Felix.
They began having a side conversation between themselves excluding me out of it.
On top of the kitchen counter, I eyed the coconut cake licking my lips like a hungry wolf ready to devour its prey.
Feeling a hard sting on the back of my hand, I winced in pain looking over at my mother who wagged her finger side to side as her way to say no.
"I get that it's your favorite cake but it's not only for you. Naughty girl" She said moving the delicious dessert away from my sight.
"Eniola, you've had a long flight. You and Felix should go rest your bedroom has been clean same thing for the guest room" As I were about say something mum interjected making me shut my mouth.
"Not in my house, he's not your husband yet. So, he stays in the guest room" I rolled my eyes inwardly as I nudged Felix to follow me upstairs.
When we reached the guest room at the end of the hall, Felix pushed me against the wall kissing me feverishly.
I let out a small moan, when I felt his hand clasped around my neck squeezing not to tightly.
I pulled away first panting heavily, smiling.
"Felix, we have to contain ourselves. If we wanted to have sex, we go to an hotel. Not here, I'll be disrespecting my mum and my siblings" I told him while running my nail across his stubble jawline.
"I understand" He said reaching behind to squeeze my ass.
I smacked his hand away laughing.
"Go take your rest. I'll come get you by 6 pm for dinner" I told him getting out of his embrace.
Our luggage were already in our individual rooms because the three musketeers took them out of the car.
I winked at Felix blowing him a kiss before walking down opposite direction to my room giggling at the goofy grin he had on his face.
After shutting the door behind me, I jumped into my bed sighing in satisfaction.

Aicha Faye as Mary jay Oladipo

Yetunde Wunmi as Temitayo Oladipo

Please Vote and Comment.
Until Next Time...