(3) rebellion

Today's chapter's tune: Sabotage - Beastie Boys

~

"Are you sure this won't upset my stomach?" I hesitated as Bumi passed the meat on a stick that he bought from a vendor over to me. "I've never had street food before."

"Would you relax? It's not poisonous, Your Highness." Bumi mocked as i grabbed the serving and stared at the undercooked venison with an unsure look in my eyes.

"It's not my fault i'm royalty." I sent a glare over towards my friend. "But seriously, this doesn't look safe."

"Just try it, gosh!"

"No thanks, you can have it." I pushed the meat against Bumi's chest a little roughly, causing him to stumble back while letting out a quiet grunt.

"Whatever, more food for me." He shrugged, then took a hold of the stick as he regained his balance, then started chewing on the protein instantly.

"Leave Republic City!" A random pedestrian shouted in my ear as she walked past us, taking me aback and causing Bumi to choke on his food.

"That was odd." I commented as i watched the citizen walk away, then began to pat Bumi on the back as he continued to hack up the venison that clogged his throat.

"Oh, Kya's back from her potty break." Bumi claimed as he returned to his normal state, then finished the last piece of his meat.

"Guys, i found something weird." Kya gulped as she approached us, holding a piece of paper in her hand.

"What is it?" I tilted my head to the side, waiting for a response.

"Take a look at this." She unrolled the sheet in her possession, then held it up so Bumi and i could could examine it. It was a poster of me, throwing garbage at a homeless man with an evil smirk on my face. Only problem was, i've never done that in my entire life.

"Izumi, that's cruel!" Bumi scolded as Kya's eyes dulled out.

"No, it's fake!" I ripped the picture out of Kya's hands, taking a better look at it. "This isn't me, i would never do that to someone."

"I believe you, but that person looks exactly like you. Everyone thinks it's you." Kya placed her hand over my shoulder as Bumi widened his eyes. "Check out the writing on the bottom."

"Princess Izumi is a cold-hearted person who likes to torture the helpless. Is this really who we want to loiter around Republic City and infiltrate the council? Join the Rebellion to help stop this monster and send her away. Our home does not need a new villain." I read the inscription at the bottom of the page in a sad tone, causing my heart to race irregularly. "I... can't believe this. Who would do this to me?"

"Maybe we can ask around and find out where this 'Rebellion' is." Bumi proposed, then earned a nod from Kya and i.

"I just don't understand how they did this. How did they make the person on this poster look like me?"

"I don't know, could you possibly have a twin sister?"

"Bumi, that's ridiculous." I rolled my eyes at him. "Clearly, they've found a way to rig photographs. With all of this new technology coming out, it only makes sense."

"What should we do now?" Kya asked.

"We need to find the Rebellion immediately."

~

"Hey, you!" I raised my voice as i pointed my index finger towards a man who was standing on a deck as he chanted into a megaphone. "I need to talk to you!"