(15) talent show

Today's chapter's tune: Circus - Britney Spears

~

       "You're home!" I exclaimed as my boyfriend opened the door to my bedroom, then wiped the sweat off of his forehead. "How was work?"

"You're not gonna like to hear this, but your cousin and i actually get along quite well." He noted, approaching my bed with caution as i bit the inside of my cheek.

"That's good, Bumi. I'm glad to hear that." I lied as i stared down at my covers, hearing Bumi let out a sigh.

"Look, i know it sucks that you guys have a rocky relationship, but maybe that's only temporary." Bumi sat down next me as i scooched over to give him some room, then pinched my nose as he leaned his head onto my shoulder.

"Bumi, you stink." I giggled as he jerked his head back, noticing his strong after-work stench. "Go take a shower."

"Can't we just cuddle for a few minutes?" He buried his face into the crook of my neck, making me run my fingers through his hair.

"Fine, that would be really nice." I gave in, then grabbed one of Bumi's arms and placed it around my waist as i removed any space left in between us. "Sozin knows i could use that right now."

"Why? What's going on?"

"Everyone in the council wants me to figure out a new way to bring everyone together, for a second chance to celebrate the city's existence. But, i'm stumped."

"Oh, because of what happened at the festival?"

"Yeah, but it needs to be a little bit more... low-key. You know, just in case."

"But, Gray and Ganzo aren't a threat to anyone anymore."

"Well, you know how our parents are. I was almost assassinated, so they don't want to take any chances."

"Hey, people." Kya showed up at the entrance to my room, then suddenly galloped forward and jumped onto my bed without any warning, startling Bumi and i as she squeezed herself in between us. "What are we talking about?"

"Kya, seriously?" Bumi's voice cracked as he scolded his sister, making me snicker. "Why can't we ever get some privacy?"

"The door was open!" She defended, then made a face of disgust. "Also, you smell pretty bad."

"It's okay, Bumi. Kya deserves some snuggles, too." I teased him as i pushed my cheek up against Kya's, causing her to laugh at Bumi's reaction.

"Oh, whatever!" He rolled his eyes, then cleared his throat. "Wait, what were we even talking about?"

"I need to come up with an event to make up for the situation that happened at the festival, remember?" I reminded, making Kya's lips turn into an 'o' shape.

"Oh, really?" She placed her arms beneath her head, using them as a pillow. "What do you have in mind?"

"That's just it, i don't know!"

"Why can't we host another festival?"

"We just can't, i don't really want to get into it right now."

"Wait, i think i get it." She hummed as she slowly shut her eyelids, as if she were about to fall asleep. "It's because you basically almost died, right?"

"Yeah, so what could i possibly do?" I began to chew onto my fingernails, then stopped as Bumi raised his hand and shoved my arm back down. "If i don't come up with anything soon, i'm scared my dad will think that i'm not ready to take his place."