(8) wedding bells

Today's chapter's tune: Forever - Chris Brown

~

       "Give me all your air tiles." Bumi pushed his arm forward, his palm expecting to receive one or more of my cards as the other hand held his deck up against his nose, covering his poker face.

"Sucks to be you, i don't have any." I smirked, then continued to focus onto the earth, fire and water icons scattered around in my pile, tightly holding onto them as my knuckles began to turn white.

"You're totally lying."

"Simmer down." I rolled my eyes at the accusation, then cleared my throat and held up one of my earth cards. "I choose, earth."

"Go fish." Bumi commented, randomly blurting out a phrase that didn't make any sense whatsoever.

"Go fish?" I repeated, blinking rapidly.

"Yeah, i invented that!" Bumi stated with a proud look on his face, then continued to give himself credit. "You say that when you don't have the card you've been asked for."

"So, you're telling me to go and fish for the earth tiles i'm looking for?"

"Hey, that sounds really smart when you put it that way!"

"Are you for real?" I squinted at him as a puzzled expression grew onto my face. "Then, what was it originally supposed to mean?"

"It just sounds cool, okay?"

"I can't believe i've been missing out!" Kya came storming into the foyer with Tenzin by her side, holding dozens of bags that contained insignias of all of the local shops around the palace. "I just bought the cutest headpiece that will go perfectly with my new dress!"

"So, sight-seeing turned into a shopping spree?" I giggled as i watched Kya jump up and down out of happiness as Tenzin's face began to turn purple from the amount of items he was carrying in his delicate arms.

"I can't believe we moved to Republic City when we could be living in the Fire Nation." Kya threw her things onto Tenzin, adding onto the pile in his hands and nearly causing him to fall backwards. "I've never seen such beautiful clothes in my entire life, this is a fine day indeed!"

"Did you at least have a good time, buddy?" Bumi asked his younger brother, turning his attention towards him as Kya kept rambling on about fashion.

"At first, yes. Then, we ended up at the strip mall." Tenzin sighed, a hint of frustration in his voice as he started leaning sideways.

"Ahem, Takeo!" Kya called out to one of the palace's butlers, more specifically the one in charge of tidying up their rooms while they continue to visit the nation, as he entered the room with his hands folded in front of his torso. "Would you please take my bags up to my room? They're starting to get really heavy."

"Oh, really?" Tenzin sassed as he glared at the shopaholic while she pointed towards her purchases in his grip. "How unfortunate for you."

"As you wish, Miss Kya." Takeo agreed while bowing politely, then approached Tenzin and took all of Kya's belongings out of his hands, relaxing the nomad instantly.

"Did you hear that? I'm 'Miss' Kya." The waterbender repeated, standing in awe as Takeo made his way out of the foyer and towards the guest rooms with all of her articles of clothing. "I could get used to living here."

"You are never going to visit the Fire Nation again." Tenzin ordered as he stretched his limbs, then waved them around in order to get the feeling back in them. "I'll make sure of it."