lift me up on my honour

prologue

The moon was full, and lit up the entire grassy fields, the whole park in general. From the light of the moon, the pond sparkled, and a figure rose from the water. It was a shadow, a bigger one, but it wasn't created by what seemed to be anything. It was different, a nasty little creature. But why did it appear?

Perhaps, it thought as it drew its gaze from the trees, it is coming from that house.

In fact, the creature was right. The cause of its appearance was in the house. Usually it appeared next to whatever the cause was, though. And then it would work from their, and use the cause, feeding from it's most prominent emotion. The figure hummed in small thought, then started to leave from the pond-- but it couldn't seem to escape.

An invisible shield surrounded him, and he pushed, and threw himself at the force field. But to no avail. He was trapped in the pond, until the cause comes to him.

It was a simple idea.

Simple.

The creature began to take form, the shadow morphing until it became the shadow of a really tall man, complete with the smallest of smirks. He was going to be free.

So the figure sat in the pond, and then laid down into the water, letting the darkness swallow him whole.

He was going to be free.