Chapter 1: Back Home

It was still early in the morning, and the sun hasn't even shown yet. Most of New York was still sleeping cozily in their beds, ready for what today awaits them. Unlike the rest of Long Island, (Y/n) was in a taxi in the pouring rain on her way to a funeral, her mother's funeral to be exact.

It all started after she had just returned back to her apartment from work when she got a phone call from her mom's house phone down in Alabama. The person on the other line wasn't her mother but rather a good friend of hers who she met only once or twice. The woman was crying over the phone once she gave her the news, it was quite shocking to (Y/n) and for two days she sat in her room with her hands over her face. Occasionally going out for food or going to the restroom.

That whole time alone, it gave (Y/n) time to debate whether she was really going to go back down to Tuscaloosa or stay here in her safe haven. Even to this very moment she still has second thoughts on going back to her home state down in the South.

There were many reasons why (Y/n) didn't want to go, even if she did sound selfish to even think about not going. One of them was simple, it was because of the horrible memories and experiences she had back home. The nightmares, sleepwalking, screaming in her sleep, the panic attacks, and the depression was so hard to deal with. Especially the hallucinations.

All those things (Y/n) kept to herself and bottled them up inside and it affected her horribly. Her friends and ex-boyfriend would all be in Alabama and the thought of seeing them started to make (Y/n) anxious and nervous.

It didn't take her long to pack everything that she needed and, surprisingly, (Y/n) easily got a few weeks off from work and before she knew it, she was in a taxi on her way to the airport. Ready for the worst to come back home.

Hearing the cars honking from around her, (Y/n) rested her head on the window of the taxi, watching the raindrops run down the back window. Soon, her eyelids grew heavy and her breathing slowed down and then her eyes fully shut.

\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/

It was a warm summer day and not a dark cloud in the sky with a slight breeze cooling everyone down on this hot day. (Y/n) was helping Alex and Tim look for locations to film in Marble Hornets for a scene that Brian would be in.

"There's a lot of graffiti on the first floor, so I don't know how much of that you'd be able to use." Tim started to say, running his fingers through his hair. "As you can see." He added.

"Ominous," Alex replied while looking at the outside of the building up and down.

Alex quickly entered the abandoned place with his camera in hand, filming everything. Tim and (Y/n) looked at each other and then went inside following behind Alex, Tim was also filming from time to time.

Eventually, all of them got to the second floor and looked around, Alex continuously shook his head whenever he entered a section he didn't like. (Y/n) kept looking around at a distance from everyone and just inspecting everything, already feeling very paranoid. Looking down at her hands, they already began to shake a little rapidly. Along with a strong headache behind to grow.

Tim wrapped his arm around her and started to rub her arm up and down and then kissed her lightly on the head and whispered: "Everything's fine, there is no need to be so worked up, okay?" (Y/n) only nodded and walked over to the stairs to the third floor, still having the lingering feeling of a person or thing watching the three of them.

Catching up to Alex, the two looked at the third floor to see hardly any doodles on the walls. "This floor doesn't seem to have much graffiti in it. We could probably use it, at some point." (Y/n) said quickly, shoving her hands in her pockets, they were still slightly shaking, but not as bad as before. Also, she tried to indicate her uneasiness by talking fast and telling them through her tone to "speed up the process".

"Yeah," Alex said sighing softly, making sure his camera had filmed every inch in this place.

"I mean, unless you're okay with having "Nancy hearts Kevin" on the wall or something," Tim said while pointing the camera to Alex and then towards (Y/n).

Once they got to the last section, Tim entered the room first before both Alex and (Y/n) did. The reason why is Alex told (Y/n) that if she wanted to leave she could and if not just to wait outside of the room with his camera. (Y/n) chose the second option and waited outside of the room for the two of them. Not wanting to leave both of them here, especially in a place like this.

For a while, she heard the two talking that was until she heard a whacking noise and swiftly entered the room. That was a mistake. She saw the big tall faceless man again and screamed and quickly ran out of them room, dropping the camera in the process.

The static was taking over her head, and the coughing was starting to slow her down. She heard Alex calling her name faintly in the distance, but right at this moment she wanted to get out. Right now, all she focused on was herself and didn't trust anyone, she needed to focus on her survival against this thing and possibly even Alex.

Eventually, (Y/n) made it to the first floor and ran to her car but as soon as she got in, the tall man was right beside her car. Shortly after she saw the man, Alex came out of the building, and in an instant, she started the car and drove off.

(Y/n) didn't know if she would make it home tonight, but all she concentrated on was getting out of there. Going there was a big mistake.

\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/

Waking up, (Y/n) slightly jumped and looked around her to see the taxi driver staring at her. Her cheeks flushed and she quickly pulled out her wallet and gave the man the amount of money that the little scanner read, without even saying a word.

Getting out, she walked inside the airport and got her tickets and was ready to go to her gate. Along the way, (Y/n) bought a water bottle and a quick snack before the trip and soon was at her gate, waiting for it to open. Rapidly tapping her foot, the dream that the had felt so familiar, but in her mind, she never remembered that scenario happening.

Idling in the back of her mind, she couldn't help but think about back to when she was acting in a small film called Marble Hornets. It wasn't all pleasant as when the movie first started production, but there were indeed some good memories, but still never great.

It wasn't long till her gate soon opened up and people started to board the plane. Seeing people after people in line to get on board only made (Y/n)'s heart race and made her rethink her decision to go back. It took only five minutes for her to gain the strength to continue to go to Alabama and get this done and over with.

(Y/n) may have had a horrible relationship with her mother, but that doesn't change the fact that she still feels guilty. This is one way to make it up to her. Even if she loathed the idea.