chapter 10: the after party

after coming home to change, me and zach arrive to mattias house for the party.

outfit:

zach and i walk in to be greeted by alvaro and alejandro

zach and i walk in to be greeted by alvaro and alejandro. the smell of alcohol and weed immediately sinks in. i sit my purse down on the countertop while zach comes back with some drinks. 'babe i'll be back. im gonna go catch up with some friends.' he says. 'okie, have fun.' i say, as he kisses my cheek, making me blush. he walks off and i see him talk to his friends. i see ximena walking over to me so i go hug her while carefully holding my drink in my hand. 'mena! hey girl.' i say. 'hey girlie! have you seen talissa?' she asks, making me do a quick spin around the room. 'nope, shes probably using the bathroom.' i say in response. 'well come on lets dance!' she pulls me into the crowd of people as we turn up.

its been half and hour and i still havent seen zach. i start to drift away from ximena. i see mattia sitting next to the radio with a drink in his hand. i sat next to him. 'hey tia! have you seen zach?' i say. 'oh hey shorty! wait that was fast.' he says, provoking a confused expression onto my face. 'umm what do you mean?' i ask in regards to his previous statement. 'zach asked to use my bedroom. i guess i just assumed you guys were doing something, but i think hes still in there.' he says, making me even more confused. 'oh, well im gonna go check on him.' i walk into the basement where his room was located. i walk to the door, bracing myself for whatever i was about to see. i push the door open and gasp.

i was greeted to the sight of zach laying halfway on top of talissa. i drop my drink, causing their eyes to perk up onto mine. i turn around slowly, and start walking. just walking as the tears prick down my face. i run into the bathroom in the basement, where i lock myself into the bathroom, and immediately start letting it out, not caring how loud i was. it was at that moment the drinks start kicking in.

i sat on the bathroom mat for ten minutes, trying to process what i just witnessed, and what i should do next. in those ten minutes, i couldnt stoo crying, until i was stopped by a knocking at the door. i quiet myself down enough. the person knocks again. 'atlas, its alejandro. talissa told me you were in here. please let me in.' he says. i get up to unlock the door, and there the boy stood, his face softening at the sight of my puffy red eyes.

i immediately start breaking down. he wraps his arms me, as i lay my head on his shoulder while crying. wait what? thats like the fourth time this has happened. 'sorry.' i say. 'no, its okay. just let it out.' he says, making me cry even harder. 'i... i cant believe they would do that. my own best friend. i say. 'who? what did they do?' he says. at that moment, ximena and alvaro walk in. 'whats wrong?' they say in unison. 'talissa and zach... i saw them in mattias room.' i say in response. 'aww baby.' alvaro says, as mena and him gather around to hug me. 'come on grab your stuff, i'll drive you home.' alejandro says, grabbing my arm softly and guiding me softly up the stairs, alvaro and mena following closely behind. 'just go to my car i'll be there in a minute,' he says. i nod and get in the car.

minutes later he gets into the car with my purse and sets it gently onto my lap. we make our way to his house. the whole ride there i lay my head on the window while just looking into the mirror. what has my life come to?