chapter 25: fall into my arms

i didn't know exactly where the waterfall was, so i just followed the sounds. i see alejandro sitting on the bench, looking down at his phone. i start to approach him.

'ale?' i call out to him, making his eyes perk up to meet mine. he stands up, making his way over to me. 'hey baby,' he says, wrapping his arms around my waist. 'what's up?' i ask him. 'i wanted to show you something, he says, gently grabbing my arm to lead my somewhere. we walk up to a ledge that was just a little bit taller than me.

'step up,' he says, putting out his hand for me to step onto, giving me a boost. i get onto the ledge and stand up to face down at him. 'what is this alejandro?' i ask the boy. 'turn around, you'll see.' he says. i oblige.

'do you trust me?' he asks. 'of course,' i say. 'then fall,' he says. 'what?' i ask. 'fall into my arms,' he says. that was it. i fell backwards. it seemed i was in the air for at least five seconds. then i landed. i landed in his arms. i didn't even flinch.

i look up at him as he looks down at me. he smiles, before pressing his lips onto mine. upon disconnecting the kiss, he puts me down onto my feet.

'i know how much did you've been through with zach, and how he treated you. i want to show that you mean so much more to me. i want to be the one to treat you better. in other words, will you be my girlfriend?' he asks.

i was speechless. this whole thing was really cute. 'yes, oh my god yes,' i say. he wraps his arms around my waist as i put mine around his neck. he slowly leans in before finally connecting our lips, as the sound of water crashing onto rocks were heard from all around. it was everything i'd wanted in a relationship.