chapter 29: charli

i get out of the shower and wrap myself into a towel. i look in the mirror and made a clearing by wiping the fog off a section. i look at myself. no scars, damn. i change into the comfy clothes that i brought into the bathroom.

i miss charli, so i decide to shoot her a facetime. she picks up the call and has her face all close and personal to the screen. she's making weird faces, so i take some pictures of it.

'no, delete those, atlas!' she shouts, quickly putting her face away from the screen. i chuckle to myself.

'no way, jose.' i tell her, as i put my phone against the plant pot, thus giving it a stand. i sit down on one of the barstools and open a bag of doritos.

'anyways,' she says, itching her lower eyebrow. 'guess who's not single anymore?' she announces to me. i almost threw my doritos to the sound of this.

'shut the fuck up!' i tell her, putting my hand over my mouth in shock. she nods, proudly. 'AHHH MY BABY GOT HERSELF A MAN!' i celebrate.

'yeah, i love chase, he really is the sweetest.' she tells me. she looks like she is about to cry out of pure joy. 'so.... you and alejandro?' she asks.

'wait, how did you know?' i ask her. she rolls her eyes before making one of her little goofy faces. it was adorable.

'atlas, i'm not dumb,' she tells me, stuffing her face with a turkey wrap. 'it's all over tiktokroom that you guys are official.'

'damn, tiktokroom is nosy as hell,' i tell her. i roll my eyes and lean back on the stool.

'but, if it weren't for tiktokroom,' she starts off. 'i wouldn't have know that you beat talissa up.' she says. i cursed to myself.

'i fucking hate her,' i admit to charli. 'she kept calling me a hoe and a homie hopper and she even threw a milkshake on me,' i tell her.

'i will square up with her.' charli tells me. 'i also love how she used to call me annoying and desperate but now that i have the hype she keeps trying to talk to me.' she says.

'iT's fuNny how biTches tuRN inTo mY fAns,' i say, mocking a tik tok. we both burst into laughter.

'you should come visit me and dixie in cali,' charli says, she was frowning. 'i really miss you.'

'aww baby i miss you to,' i tell her, getting closer to my phone. 'what if i come visit this month?' i ask her. her face immediately lights up with pure joy.

'i'll get my mom to talk to yours.' she says, smiling. 'anyways, me and dixie are going to dinner, so i'll talk to you later,' she follows up. 'bye atlas, love you!'

'love you too, charli. bye!' i hang up the phonecall. i find a few missed texts from zach.

toxic garbage :/

wow, who would've thought
atlas avalos could fight

fyi that was hot

also ppl recorded
and now it's viral

hello?

btw i broke things off with
talissa so i can be with
you now.

so please, be with me

uhm ..

how the are you
gonna beat the shit out
of me and then claim
the shit out of me lmfao

and give me one good
reason why i should get
back with you ?

so we can continue
what we had