chapter 11: melancoly

pov: alejandro:
atlas lays on my bed buried in covers, staring at the ceiling fan while i sit on the edge of the bed, trying my hardest to comfort her. 'are you hungry? do you need anything?' i ask in desperation. she shakes her head as tears stream down her face. the doorbell rang seconds after, so i went to get it. there stood, ximena, kairi, and alvaro. 'where is she?' mena asked, walking past me. 'in my room.' i replied. i knew mena was atlas's support, so i just let her do her thing. she walked upstairs as i went to go talk to the boys. 'whats the news? why are we here?' kairi asked worriedly. 'zach cheated on atlas with her best friend.' there was a silent moment before alvaro spoke up. 'talissa?' is all he said. 'yea, her.' i said. 'fucking snake' alvaro said quietly making us all chuckle. 'ohh so thats why mattia kicked talissa and zach out.' kairi said. 'bro did he actually?' i said. 'yea, he looked pissed.' kairi said.

we walk upstairs to see atlas crying into mena's sweater while mena had her arms wrapped around her as they were laying on my bed. it was adorable to see how bonded they were. after a few hours of trying to make atlas feel better, atlas decided she wanted to go home.

pov: atlas:

i pack up my stuff and we all get into the car. i sit in the front while ximena, kairi, and alvaro sat in the back. i got a text from mattia.

mattia 🚽

are you okay? me
n roshaun kicked
them out.

i'd be lying if
i said i was 😖

aww poor bby 🥺
you dont need
those clowns when
you have us.

ty mattia, preciate
you man 🧑🏿‍🦰

we get to my house and alejandro walks me to
my door. 'do you think you'll be fine?' he asks me. 'i cant even process whats happening right now, i think all i need is to sleep on it.' i say, stopping at the door to take my keys out. after i open the door i lean in to hug him. 'goodnight ale.' i say to him. 'goodnight princess,' he whispers, kissing my forehead before releasing me. WAIT WHAT-

i receive messages from a few of my friends asking if i'll be okay. then, i see i got new messages from talissa and zach.

lissa 😌

atlas, i am so, so sorry.
i speak from the bottom
of my heart when i say
it was an accident. i
promise that i will never
let you down like that
again. i love you, and
you know that.

talissa i love you
and all but how can
i be sure that there
were no feelings
attached?

we were just two
drunk kids, lonely
and bored. the
reality of the situation
didnt kick in until
after we got kicked.
im so sorry.

lissa, its okay 🥰
i believe you, and
trust is everything
i think for now we
should forgive and
forget that this ever
happened.

i would love that

zach  😍🥺

atlas i am sooo sorry
i didnt realize what
i did until after it
was over. this was
the only time

its okay zachary i already
heard talissas explanation.

do you want me to
come over to cuddle
so i can show you how
much we mean?

zach... um, i think it
would be best if we
took a break from here
until im ready.

i was feeling so stressed and tired so i powered my phone off and went to sleep with my netflix playing.

i woke up and checked my phone. it was 10:32 AM on a sunday. 12 hours ago i would be in my happiest form, dancing with my friends, partying through the night like the morning wasnt promised. why did it all have to end just like that? did i do something wrong? is that why i nearly lost my best friend? ugh collect these thoughts from my mind.

i got up and made a poptart and put on some comfy clothes. i sat down at the table eating: maya was in the living room, playing catch with our cat, pablo. how pure. a five year old girl playing with a cat? name something cuter, im waiting. my mom was in the gym room, doing her daily yoga. just a normal day in the avalos family manner.

i power my phone on and immediately get spammed with instagram notifications. geez. i open the app to see me being tagged in different posts. they were pictures of zach and talissa kissing in different locations. they... i cant believe they would lie to me. as if my weekend couldnt get bad enough, now my best friend and my ex boyfriend are hooking up.