T w o

Waking up the next morning was easy for me.  My body knew that today was the day we were heading up to the lake.  I jump out of bed going straight into my closet to get the outfit I had already planned on wearing today. Grabbing my clothes, I go into my ensuite and turn on the shower. Before getting in the shower, I grab my speaker and phone, turning on my favourite song to play during the summer.  Getting into the shower and feeling the nice warm water against my coldish skin felt amazing.

Screaming along to the song while I shower the excitement building up inside me even more.  I get out once the song is complete and put my clothes on, last night I decided on my favourite oversized shirt and cute shorts.  Taking one last look in my wall sized mirror and deciding that today's outfit will do, I grab my bags and head downstairs to meet my parents.

By the time I'm downstairs, it's already 5:30 am. My dad's already packing the car, my mom sitting at the kitchen table running through her list one last time making sure we have everything we need for our long car ride up to Beaconsfield Lake.

We leave at 6am, no earlier or no later.  My dad has this thing of leaving on time. We drive for the hour and then go to our Starbucks stop at 7am. My dad gets his usual Venti Dark Roast, and Spicy Chorizo, my mom with her Venti Latte and Double Smoked Bacon and Egg.  Then there's me with my Venti Caramel Frappuccino, no whipped cream and Bacon and Gouda sandwich. We all have our usual orders and we never mix it up.

~*~

It takes about two hours before we get to Beaconsfield Lake. As soon as I see the lake, the smile that was already on my face increases and that's when I see it.  The brand new cottage, it's massive.  It's like a mansion on the lake. I wonder what the new family is like or if they will show up to the bonfire tonight. 

"Hey dad, did you see the new cottage?"

"Yes, I did Ella, its massive."

"I wonder what the new family is like."

"I'm sure they are lovely," my mom chimes in, I just nod in response looking back out my window intrigued by the sure size of the cottage.

We pull into our quaint cottages driveway and I get all giddy. The moment my dad stops the car, I run out of the car and run up the steps, seeing Beth at our front door.

"BETH," I scream.

"ELLA," she screams back at me, and we hug.

"I've missed you sooooo much," we say at the same time, it's our typical routine.

"You have so much to tell me missy," I say, pulling back from our hug.

"I know, I know, but first let me help you get settled in your room, okay?" She responds, I nod and we head back to the car to grab my bags.

"It's great to see you again Bethany," my mom says to her.

"It's good to see you too, Mrs. Erwin," Beth responds to her smiling.

"How many times do I have to tell you Bethany, just call me Emily," my mom lectures her smiling. We both giggle and head back up to the house.

Walking up the stairs again with my bags I felt at home, if I had a real choice I would never leave this place but I know my parents would never go for it. Once Beth and I are inside, we walk up the stairs to my loft,  the cottage is small but very cozy.  My parents have their room on the first floor along with two bathrooms, the kitchen and the living room. They left me with my very own loft, with my own ensuite so I don't have to go downstairs just to get ready in the morning.

Seeing my loft for the first time in 10 months made me happy.  Everything was in the same place from where I left it and all my books were still in a row on my bookshelf.

"Wow Ella, every things still in its place," Beth comments.  I just laugh and roll my eyes at her.

"Here lets unpack before the day gets away from us," I tell her.

Beth starts by unpacking my clothes and putting them in my closet while I unpack my books.

"Tell me about this boyfriend you neglected to tell me about," I say, breaking the comforting silence.

"Where do I begin, he's the sweetest guy I've ever met. He's so dorky but it's so hot on him," Beth goes on and on about her new boyfriend, I tune her out, but I'm so excited, for her already that I just keep smiling and nodding my head.  I hadn't seen Beth this happy in a long time, and it felt good.

"So Ella tell me about school, still the loner girl that no one notices?" Beth asks me.

"Yup, and I like it," I respond.

"Sure you do," Beth responds, rolling her eyes. We have this argument often, Beth thinks I need to get out and make friends at my school instead of just having her around, where I argue that I don't, I am happy being alone and having no one recognize me.  I enjoy being smart and invisible.

When we finish unpacking my stuff, we sit on my bed catching up.  Beth tells me about all the cool parties she's been too over the school year and how her homecoming was this year, while I just tell her about all the books I read.  Then comes the one question I know would happen, but I dreaded answering.

"So have you dated anyone yet?"

"I have not, you know I'm invisible to the male population."

"So? Maybe I thought you would get out of your comfort zone and talk to a guy."

"Beth, this is me we're talking about I only ever get out of my comfort zone when we're here."

"I know you do Ella and I just wish you would at home too."

"Whatever," I tell her not wanting to argue again.

"Oh my gosh who's that on the lake?" Beth says suddenly.

"What?" I say, confused not paying attention to her.

"Theres a sea-doo on the lake that's never been there before," she tells me looking out my window.

"Really?" I say getting up to get a better look.

"Yeah let's go investigate," she says, already walking down the stairs.

"Fine," I call after her, trying to catch up, man that girl is quick, by the time I've caught up to her she's already on one of my sea-doos.

I put on the life jacket and follow her. By the time I get closer to Beth, the random person on the lake is already gone.

"Guess we were too slow," I comment coming up beside her.

"I guess so, wanna take the sea-doos out for a ride though since we're already out here?"

"Sure," before I even finish responding Beth is already taking off.  She already knew I would say yes, being on Beaconsfield lake is my favourite thing ever.  Beth and I are huge fans of being on the water, which makes summer a lot less boring when we're both either on the water doing something with the sea-doos, or the boats or on the beach reading.