F i f t e e n

Grady, Beth and I all decide to just have a sleep over in my living room so we can just continue on watching the series. Before we start the third movie however Beth decided she wanted to change into some pjs so its currently just Grady and I sitting in an awkward silence. I might as well I ask him if he does like me or not now then.

"Hey Grady?"

"Yeah?"

"So I um.....over heard Abby this morning talking to Daniel at Beths place and she said that you were practically in love with me, so I guess what I'm wondering is that are you?" I ask playing with my bracelet nervously, looking into Grady's eyes it was obvious to tell that he was currently really nervous about my question and I guess he may have never wanted to tell me.

"Uh yeah its true," He says rubbing the back of his neck nervously, I give him a sheepish smile just as Beth walks back in ready to continue on with our movie marathon.

~*~

We ended up watching movies until 3am, before we all passed out. Waking up the next morning to the birds chirping and the sun blinding the three of us in the eyes.I yawn, rub my eyes and get up to go make us all some waffles for breakfast this morning. Walking into the kitchen I grab out all the ingredients and bowls that I need and get to work.

I'm not even five minutes into making breakfast when Grady walks into the kitchen.

"Hey what you making?" He asks.

"Waffles," I respond.

"Can I help?"

"Sure, could you grab the eggs for me."

"Yeah no problem," He says handing me the eggs. I give him a soft smile of appreciation and then get back to mixing the batter. When it comes time for the flour I decide to have some fun with Grady and flick some of it on him.

"Hey that wasn't very nice," he says laughing slightly.

"Oopsies," I respond giving him a sheepish smile while laughing.

He decides to throw a little bit of flour back at me and we just laugh at how ridiculous we both look with flour in our hair. Then all of a sudden Grady stops laughing and just stares at me.

"What? I can't look that bad," I say nervously.

"You always look beautiful Ella," He responds, as I start to blush slightly at the compliment.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome, I was wondering Ella if you wanted to go on a date with me, seeing as that you now know that I like you and all might as well right?"

"Sure I don't see why not Grady sounds like fun. When would you wanna go on this date?"

"This afternoon? The weather is supposed to be really nice later."

"Yeah sounds good to me, but lets focus on making these waffles, Beth will kill me if I burn her breakfast."

We focus on making the rest of our breakfast and making sure we don't burn or ruin the batter. Beth wakes up just as we finish making the first waffle.

"Hey guys, what smells so good?" Beth asks us.

"Waffles," Grady tells her.

"They smell delicious, can I have one?" She asks.

"There's already one sitting on a plate waiting for you to eat it silly," I comment nodding my head over to the table, she smiles at me and walks over to enjoy her freshly made waffles.

"Holy crap guys this is amazing," she tells us after her first bite. 

"Thank you, Ella did most of the work though," Grady tells her giving me a smile.

We finish off making the rest of the waffles and then both sit down at the kitchen table to eat the rest with Beth.

~*~

A few hours pass, and both Beth and Grady go home, I'm currently getting ready for my date with him, he told me to meet him at the docs at 2pm. Figuring out what to wear was a little hard but I ended up deciding on my camouflage crop top, my black shorts and grey slide ons, with my grey backpack purse. I finish putting on my outfit and move onto my hair, moving my hair to my right side I braid it and put in a cute camouflage scrunchie.

By the time I finish getting ready I have to leave to meet Grady at the docs. As soon as I get outside I'm thankful for my lack of skills with makeup since it's so hot that it would've melted off already.

Getting to the docks didn't take very long but by the time I got there I was already covered in sweat. Looking around I see Grady and his families boat coming closer and closer to me. He waves over and pulls up close enough just so I can just jump onto his boat with him needing to do the whole docking process.

"You look beautiful," Grady tells me as soon as I get onto the boat.

Blushing slightly from his compliment and the heat I give him a small thank you and sit down.

"So where are we going?" I ask curiosity taking over me.

"Well I heard about this new mini golf place that just opened up off of the lake and I thought it would be a fun idea to check it out," Grady explains.

"Oh cool, I didn't know we were getting a mini golf place here."

"Neither did I, until my dad told me about it a few days ago."

We sit in silence the rest of the boat ride to the mini golf place, it wasn't very long but all I could think about was how Daniel would've kept where we were going a surprise to get a cute reaction out of me instead of just telling me when I asked. I feel stupid for thinking about him when I'm meant to be focusing on Grady and our date but I can't help it.

I help Grady dock the boat so we can enjoy our time at the mini golf place.  Walking up it was very cute, there were a bunch of trees and pretty flowers surrounding the area but not too much so the sun could still peak through in some areas.

Grady pays for the both of us no matter how much I argue with him about it. We grab our putters, the golf balls and head out to the first obstacle.

~*~

We make it through the entire course before we are both dying from the heat. Mini golf was a lot of fun but the entire time my brain kept circling back to the one boy that hasn't left my brain since the beginning of the summer. Maybe I do actually like him, like Beth said I did this entire time.