T w e n t y - t h r e e

Waking up the next morning to the birds chirping and the sun blinding my eyes, I feel a pair of arms wrapped around me on the couch downstairs. I look up and see Daniel still fast asleep with his head rested on top of mine, I smile at how peaceful he looks and his hair that's fallen into his eyes. Moving slowly I brush his hair out of his eyes, he stirs a little bit as if he's about to wake up but instead just tightens his grip on me slightly.

Beth is the next one to wake up after me, she looks over and smiles at the sight of Daniel and I together. She mouths over I told you so, and I just roll my eyes. She nods her head over to the kitchen as if to ask if we wanna make breakfast for everyone, I nod and attempt to get out of Daniels grip without waking him up.

Being ever so careful I was able to get out without causing anyone to wake up. We walk over to the kitchen and decide to make some oatmeal, with some fresh fruit to put on top, I end up putting together all of the fruit into nice bowls so we can just put what we want on top of our oatmeal bowls, Beth was in charge of making the oatmeal. By the time were finished making breakfast the boys still aren't awake, so we decide to blast some music into the living room to wake them up. My parents thankfully spent the night at the Andersons so they can help with getting everything ready for the party today without having to come back here multiple times.

Turning on the surround sound speakers we decide to blast 'Summer Love' by Ollhage and Bella Eysée. The boys ended up jumping awake to the sound while Beth and I were just dancing around and laughing at their reactions.

"Good Morning boys," Beth and I say at the same time in between laughs after turning down the music.

"Geez, what are you guys trying to do break our ear drums?" Daniel asks rubbing his ears.

"Nope, but we did make you breakfast to make up for it," I respond smiling over to him.

We all walk into the kitchen and I hand them the bowls Beth and I made. We all then fill up our bowls with our favourite fruits, mine mainly being Bananas and Strawberries.

~*~

Once we finish eating breakfast Beth and I decide to kick the boys out to have some full on girl time before we have to separate tomorrow. We spend the majority of our last girl time together just reading and talking about stuff, mainly about how were going into Junior year and how weird that next year were going to be graduating.

By the time that we have to get ready for the Summer Splash we don't even realize it. Beth decides that I have to do my makeup this year, even though I hate doing it, I just let her. Beth also does my hair in these really cute messy space buns, with braids leading up to them and hairs left out to frame my face.

"Wow Beth you did an amazing job," I respond smiling, looking in the mirror admiring her hard work.

We then switch places so I can do Beths hair to match her outfit while she works on her make-up. For Beth's hair I decide to give her two braids going into a low ponytail, with a pale pink scrunchie matching her outfit. By the time we are ready the boys are walking up to my cottage all ready to go to Abby's.

Beth and I decide to make them ring the doorbell instead of walking outside to meet them, she also made me wait upstairs for reasons I don't really know. When the doorbell rings, Beth rushes downstairs to open the door and greet them, I manage to hear them talking a little bit but not much. Eventually Beth calls my name and I start to walk downstairs nervously.

When I get downstairs I see Daniel and he's smiling at me. I smile back at him and walk up to him to give him a hug.

"Wow you look beautiful," He says to me giving me a once over.

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself," I respond blushing.

"Shall we go?" Jack asks looking back and forth between the three of us. Beth, Daniel and I all nod in agreement and walk out my door to head over, to the party.

~*~

By the time we get there the entire lake was pretty much there. Daniel taking my hand instantly pulls me over to the food and I just smile. Seeing the food that was laid out it was pretty much the same to the Beginning of the Summer Bonfire. I grab a hot dog and some of the Lay's chips that were set out, and find a place for the four of us to sit while my friends finish gathering up their food.

When I find somewhere for us to sit, I see Abby sitting there also. Being the bigger person that I am I sit down by here and smile at her.

"Hey Abby, great party so far," I say smiling at her.

"Thanks, have you seen the dance floor?" She asks me smiling.

"Not yet, I think that's were we are going to go once we've finished eating," I respond.

"Oh nice, did you come with Beth or did Daniel ask you?" She asks curiosity seeping through her question.

Looking over in the general direction of my friends, I smile before responding to Abby's question. "No Daniel asked me to be his date."

Just before Abby is able to say anything else, Beth, Jack and Daniel sit down with us, Daniel sits right beside me and hands me a cupcake, smiling I take the cupcake.

"Thank you," I say to Daniel as I take it. Smiling back he kisses my cheek and whispers in my ear you're welcome. Smiling I rest my head on his shoulder as he wraps one arm around me using the other to eat his hotdog.

As chatter goes around me I quietly start to take the icing off of my cupcake, when I ge the brilliant idea to put some on Daniel's nose. I take my finger and grab a small bit of the icing from my cupcake, slowly and making sure that nobody notices me I put the icing on Daniels nose and start to laugh.

"Hey what was that for," He says looking down at me.

I just laugh at how funny yet cute he looks with the icing on top of his nose.

"Oh you've asked for it now," Daniel tells me as he puts his plate down beside him standing up. The next minute I'm over top of his shoulder.

"Hey put me down!" I yell hitting his back trying to get him to release me.

"Nope," He says as he walks away from our friends.

"Beth help me," I call to her once I realize he's taking me somewhere.

"No can do Ella, you got yourself into it," She tells me smiling.

I sigh and continue to just hit Daniels back before he finally decides to put me down.

"Where are we?" I ask confused as to my surroundings.

"Well were in the exact same spot you bumped into me at the beginning of the summer," Daniel starts to explain.

"Oh, and why are we here?" I question looking up at him.

"Well theres a question that I want to ask you and I thought this would be the perfect place."

"And what is that you want to ask?"

"Well Ella Erwin, you've made this summer one I'll never forget, and although it has to come to an end, I enjoy spending time with you and I was wondering if you would be my girlfriend?" Daniel asks me rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

I smile up at him and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I would love to be your girlfriend," I tell him smiling ear to ear.

He wraps his hands around my waist and says to me "Wonderful." Before he slowly bends down and kisses me. As soon as his lips pressed onto mine I heard the sound of one of the fireworks go off. Smiling into the kiss it felt magical for my first kiss.

And that's the summer I met you.

THE END