S i x t e e n

Daniel

Hearing about Ella's date with Grady from Jack felt a little heart breaking but I'm not exactly sure why. I know Grady has liked her forever and that they are practically perfect for one another but for unknown reasons I think I wish it was me she was going on a date with instead. Nevertheless I decide to maybe ask Abby on a date instead.

Walking up to her cottage I wasn't exactly nervous, more calm than anything. Once I reach her front door I knock slightly and she instantly pops up.

"Hey Daniel, what are you doing here?"

"Hey Abby, I was actually coming by to ask you a question."

"Oh? What do you want to ask?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me to the movies?"

"Sure, what movie where you thinking of?"

"We could go see 'Into the Eyes', it just came out."

"Okay sure."

"Great, I'll text you the details later."

"Okay perfect see ya," Abby says to me before closing the door.

Smiling slightly to myself as I walk down the property back over to my sea-doo.

Driving the sea-doo back to my place didn't take very long. After getting home from Abby's I went to my laptop to see what time 'Into the Eyes' was being played at, and then texted Abby the details.

~*~

Meeting Abby at the movies I make sure to be a gentleman and pay for our tickets and snacks. We walk in and find seats that have a good view of the screen, not necessarily too close and not too far back either. As other movie watchers start to trickle into the theatre I try my hardest to focus on the girl sitting next to me instead of letting my mind wander.

"So how do you like Beaconsfield so far?" Abby asks me out of the blue.

"Its really nice here, I love how everyone is supper close and like one big family. What about you?"

"Beaconsfield has been my home for as long as I can remember. My parents love coming up here so we come up whenever we can."

"Thats cool."

She just nods in response and then the opening advertisements start to play.  Paying attention to the screen was a little difficult, I ended up looking around the room and looking at the people who were trickling in, but of course my mind decides to wander from what I was doing and starts to think about the beautiful blonde haired, ocean blue eyed girl that's been stuck inside my mind this entire summer.

Glancing over at Abby I realize that I made a mistake asking her to go on a date with me. Looking at Abby now I realize that I actually have feelings for Ella even if she may not feel the same way about me.

Sighing internally I bring my eyes back to the large screen in front of me and decide that its best to just finish off this date before saying anything to anyone about how I actually feel towards Ella.