N i n e

Holding onto Daniel tighter to stay on, we venture off. Jack and Beth don't notice that we went off into a different direction. Daniel slows down and I look around at the beautiful scenery.

"This place is so beautiful," I comment.

"It is, I found it my first day here," Daniel mentions.

"I've never seen this part of the lake before and I've been coming here my entire life."

"Wow."

Looking around I see beautiful flowers, and the light shimmering on the water and slightly rippling from the movement of the sea-doo. Eventually Daniel pulls off onto a little beach section and helps me off the sea-doo.

"Thank you," I comment quietly.

"You're welcome," He responds quietly, pulling the sea-doo onto the beach more so it doesn't float away.  Watching Daniel carefully, he turns around and motions his head off into the woods suggesting that we take a walk, nodding in agreement we start to walk in a comfortable silence between the two of us. It feels weird that he's not attempting to insult me.

"So how do you like Beaconsfield?" I ask after a few minutes of silence.

"Its nice here, in all honesty I didn't think I'd like it here as much as I do," Daniel tells me.

"What made you think you wouldn't like it?" I question.

"Honestly just thought it was going to be somewhere that my parents dump me over the summer so I don't get into trouble back home at all."

"Oh, why would your parents dump you anywhere?"

"They love to travel, and don't really pay attention to anything that I do."

"That really sucks, I don't know what I would do if my parents left me a lone all the time."

"You're parents seem really great."

"They really are."

Daniel stops for a moment and turns to look away from me.

"Look," he comments. I turn to face the direction he turns and look out at to what he's looking out. Gasping at the sunset that is in front of us, I just stare at the beauty.

"It's so beautiful," I say with my hand covering my mouth in awe.

"The sunset here is the second most beautiful thing I've seen," Daniel comments.

"Who's the first?" I question.

"It's a secret," he says looking over at me.

"You know this is the first time that you haven't tried calling me E-squared since we met."

"Don't tempt me Ella," Daniel says smirking at me slightly. Laughing I look back out at the sunset and admire the beautiful colours.

"So I hear your birthday is coming up?"

"Yeah it is, Beths too, we share the same birthday."

"Thats cool. How long have the two of you been friends?"

"We've been friends since we were five, at first we didn't know that we shared a birthday since at that time my parents went back home but when we turned 10 my parents started staying all summer so Beth and I started celebrating together ever since then."

"That's cool."

"I can't believe its been a month since we came back to Beaconsfield," I comment allowed thinking about all of the beach days and the memories I've made this summer.

"Yeah."

~*~

By the time the sun finishes setting Daniel and I decided it was time to go back to everyone else.    Getting back onto the sea-doo I start to think about what happened when Daniel and I were watching the sunset and how peaceful it was between us. 

Daniel looks a me confused for a moment and I just shrug everything off at him. Wrapping my arms around his waist once again he starts up the sea-doo and we head back. The quietness between with the two of us is the same peaceful quietness that happened earlier on this evening. Resting my head on Daniels back while he goes back to my house.

While I open the door to my cottage I see Beth and Jack are sitting on my couch watching a movie waiting for us. Beth looks over at the door and looks at me instantly smirking seeing that I am with Daniel. I roll my eyes at her and just walk towards my fridge to get something to drink.

"Would you like anything to drink?" I ask Daniel looking over at him.

"A bottle of water is fine," He responds.

"No problem," I saying grabbing out another bottle of water handing it over to him. As our hands touch for a brief second as I hand him the water it sends a small shiver over my entire body. Pulling my hand away quickly unsure of the reason for the shivers. I sense his forest green eyes burrowing holes of confusion into me. Looking up at him I give him a sheepish smile before being interpreted by my best friend.

"So where did you guys disappear to after Ella splashed me?" Beth starts to question.

Looking back over at Daniel silently questioning if we should tell her or not. But before I am able to look away from him, he looks over at Beth and says "we went nowhere." I start to feel half sad and half happy that we didn't tell her, it was a special place for him and I but I also really wanted to tell my best friend about how beautiful it was.

"Okay, do you guys want to join Jack and I to watch our movie?" She asks, dropping the subject that I was alone with Daniel.

"Sure," I pipe up.

"Thanks for the offer but I actually have to go back to my cottage," Daniel explains.

"Alright, we'll see you tomorrow at the party then?" Beth asks.

"Most definitely, good night Beth. Good night E-squared." And just like that he was back to calling me 'e-squared' forgetting all about the moment we shared out on the like. Once Daniel is gone I go into the living room and sit with Beth and Jack on the big couch.

I try my hardest to pay attention to the movie they had chosen, but my brain kept wandering back to my time with Daniel and questioning why when I handed him water that it sent a shiver across my entire body.

Starting to feel my eye lids to get heaving I quickly grab a blanket and snuggle into it allowing sleep to over come me.