Reyna's diary

Random entry set during beginning of MoA

•••

Dear diary,

Gods. That introduction made me sound so girly and feminine. Although, I am. Even if I don't show it.

Anyway, these past few months have been pretty eventful. I've lost Jason, the one I loved, which made me think I would never find anyone again.

But then came along Percy. Perfect Percy Jackson. He was the one that gave me inspiration. He gave me hope that everything would be alright again. He was what I wished for after losing Jason. Percy is a natural leader, charismatic, charming, adorable, and many more things that cannot be put into words. Basically everything a girl could want. Even a "cold-hearted" girl like me. Percy Jackson is perfect. A graecus, but perfect nonetheless.

Now, don't get me wrong. Jason Grace was amazing too. But the thing about Jason was that he was too... Roman. And I loved that about him. He was a charmer, leader of the pack. Jason the almighty and powerful son of Jupiter. But, although past me would disagree with this, he was not the best guy I've had the fortune of knowing. We worked amazingly together. We were best friends, working as praetors alongside the other. But we just weren't meant to be.

Now, diary, imagine my heartbreak when Jason left. Now multiply that by two, and that is how I felt when I was introduced to Percy Jackson, the graecus son of Neptune, and found out he had a girlfriend. Annabeth, Annabeth Chase. 

Thing is, I was in love with Percy. I wanted him to be in love with me. Not Annabeth. I was convinced he was my soulmate, my one and only, my other half. But no. Now, seeing them together made me realize that they deserve and complete each other.

Well, I guess this is all for today as I have my praetor duties.

~Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano.