Chapter 1: I Get My Letter

Eva's POV:

I hate summer. There I said it. There's nothing to do when school is about to start with no time to go on vacation. Luckily I do enjoy reading. In fact, at the moment I'm sitting in my Grandfather's study with him, reading a book I recently received from my non-biological Aunt from Italy. 

I say non-biological because Aunt Helena is not really my Aunt, she's my friend, Blaise's, mother. She sees me as a daughter and loves to spoil me when they go on vacation, which is all the time. If I'm not at any of the Dobreva properties I'm at either the Malfoy Manor or the Zabini Estate.

The book is in Latin and very fascinating. I've always enjoyed learning new things. Particularly languages. I was raised speaking both english and Bulgarian. My Grandfather has taught me Latin, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Italian, Mandarin, and Dutch.

I even taught my friends Bulgarian so we can talk without other kids realizing what we're talking about. Best for private conversations or insulting someone in a polite and proper way. Grandfather still doesn't approve.

"Evangeliya dear the mail is here. Tippy placed it in the dining room. Would you fetch it for me?" He asks, never looking up from his newspaper. "Yes Grandfather." I say, saving my place in my book and getting up.

Tippy is our newest house elf which is why she is not being punished for not bringing our mail to us. Still, she better learn quick. She was my birthday present from Grandfather this year and I do enjoy her. I quickly gather the mail and bring it back into the study.

I hand it to my Grandfather and am about to sit back down when he stops me. "This one is for you my dear." Confused I grab the letter. Draco is still in Italy with Blaise and Aunt Helena, Daphne is in Paris with Theo and Greg and Vince would never write me. Pansy maybe?

I read the name and my eyes widen. It's my Hogwarts letter. "Oh Grandfather I got my letter." I squeal in delight. He smiles warmly at me. "I knew you would dear. Open it up and read it." He says. I nod and quickly open the sealed letter.

Dear Miss Dobreva,

I am pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

I grin broadly. "Oh I have to go tell Blaise and Draco. May I be excused?" I ask politely. "Of course dear." He says. I slowly exit the study and close the door before taking off in an all out sprint towards my room where I keep my stationary.

It is specifically monogrammed with my first, second, and last initials. END. Honestly, my name is ridiculously long, but it's traditional for the first boy/girl in the family to have as their middle name the names of their grandfathers/mothers. All of them. 

Don't think I'm going to continue that with my own children. It's a pain to write out. I quickly get out a quill and begin writing.

Dear Blaise and Draco,

I GOT MY HOGWARTS LETTER! I cannot wait for the two of you to return tomorrow so we can all go to Diagon Alley together. Safe travels all of you.

~Evie

Smiling I fold the letter up and give it to my owl, Emerald. "Here girl, you know where to go. She gives a sort of nod and takes off out of my open window and I smile. I'm so excited! I've dreamed of going to Hogwarts for years.

Despite their differences Professor Dumbledore and my Grandfather are good friends. Of course there is also my godfather Severus Snape who is the Potions Master. I hear a soft meow and I grin. My other gift from my Grandfather for my birthday was a kitten.

I named her Sapphire. My Aunt Helena always told me that you name your animals after things you enjoy. I enjoy the finer things in life, hence the names Emerald and Sapphire. I pet the little kitten softly until I hear tiny snores and I grin. A few hours later Emerald flies back into my room.

I leave the sleeping kitten's side and hurriedly feed the tired owl. I also take this time to take the note attached to her leg.

Princess,

Blaise is out at the moment but know we are both extremely happy for you. We'll be back tomorrow and we will most defiantly go together to Diagon Ally. Hope it hasn't been too boring.

Much Love,
Draco

Smiling at the note I told it and place it in a box where I keep all of his notes that he sends me. I hear a flash behind me. "Yes Tippy?" I ask. "Miss Evangeliya, I am here to inform you that dinner is ready in the informal dining room." She says. I turn around.

"Thank you Tippy. That will be all." I say. "Yes ma'am." She says before popping off. Sighing I put the box of letters away and head towards the informal dining room. It takes me awhile. The Dobreva Manor is huge.

I usually do not stay here since my Grandfather he is usually at work, but since he took his 2 week vacation away from work, I've been staying here with him. I usually stay in my childhood home. Dobreva Villa.

It is smaller, but it is big enough so that my friends can stay over and have their own rooms. I have two house elves. Milly and Tippy. Milly was my mum and dad's house elf before their passing. She's older but still runs the place pretty well. Tippy is terrified of her.

Us Dobrevas own several properties across the wizarding world. There's the manor, the villa, the house, we have a cottage down by the ocean, and the main Dobreva property is Dobreva Castle. The castle was Merlin's castle hundreds of years ago, fitting with my mother's heritage. 

Now it is occupied by one person and seven house elves. That person is the oldest Dobreva still alive today. Magdalena Dobreva, my Great Great Great Grandmother. Honestly I've never met the woman. Never wanted to. She is the most respected Witch in the world.

No one disturbs the 200 year old woman. No one besides my Grandfather. He likes to visit his Great Grandmother every Wednesday to make sure she is alright. I don't even know if she knows that I exist. Anyways I finally reach the informal dining room. Dinner is quiet.

My Grandfather only talks to reprimand me on my etiquette. The Dobreva name is the most respected name in the wizarding world. My Grandfather is the Minister's right hand man and even Albus Dumbledore himself respects my family for their power. 

That paired with who my mother was, makes it to where I'm constantly being watch for how I act. We never venture outside the estates. So when people do see us out and about they usually stop and stare. I mean, why wouldn't you? After dinner my Grandfather pulls me into his office. 

I stand in front of his desk patiently. "Evangeliya dear tomorrow you are to go back to Dobreva Villa. Mrs. Malfoy said that young Draco and Blaise will be home and will meet you there." He tells me. I nod. "Yes Grandfather." I say, nodding my head slightly.

"I will be back to work tomorrow so I will not be here when you wake up. Breakfast will be served to you though." He says. I nod. "Yes Grandfather." "That is all." With that I exit the office. My Grandfather is a very formal man.

I know he loves me even though most of the time he talks to me like I am one of his assistants. I quickly make my way up to my room and close the door. I quickly shower and then do my nighttime routine. After that I climb into bed and fall into dreamless sleep.