Chapter 5: Arrangements and Sorting

Eva's POV:

I wake to Draco shaking my shoulder. "Time to put on our robes Princess, ready?" He asks. I sit up and smile at him. "Of course." With that I follow Daphne and Pansy out of the compartment. Right when we're out of earshot from the boys Daphne stops and turns to face the two of us.

"You guys will never believe what happened over the summer?" Curious, I ask. "What?" "Mine and Theo's family have made an arrangement between us." She says. I smile, happy for my friend. Pansy is practically jumping up and down.

"Really? That's so exciting! I think I over heard my dad and Mrs. Zabini saying that they're thinking about an arrangement between Blaise and I." Then they turn to me. "Well?" Daphne asks. "Well what?"

"Has your Grandfather talking to Mr. Malfoy about you and Draco yet?" Pansy asks. I stare at them confused. "No, why would they be talking about me and Draco? He's my best friend, nothing else. Besides, we're 11." I say, pushing past and continuing to walk.

"We are too. Come on E, we all know that that is not true." Daphne pushes. "It is. Besides, Dobreva's only make arrangements if the couple is in love. My mum and dad met and made their arrangement in seventh year at Hogwarts after my dad transferred there from Durmstang." I say.

"I know, but even your Grandfather has to see your connection." Pansy says. "Yes, our friendship, now leave it alone." I say. They do as I wish for the time being, but I know that I have not heard the end of this conversation. Once we're in our robes the train is finally pulling into the station.

We all get out together and are lead to the lake where there are boats waiting for us. I spot Crabbe and Goyal, two other friends of mine and wave. I'm not too close with them, but they're my friends none the less.

Separating three to a boat I get in with Pansy and Blaise and we take off across the lake. When the castle is in sight I smile. It's beautiful. We quickly come to shore are are lead into an entry hall where we are met by a Professor. I believe this is Professor McGonagall.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you can take your seats, you will be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherins." I notice my friends smirks at Slytherin.

"Now while you're here, you house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points will win the House Cu-" But she is cut off by a boy lunging forward and yelling, "TREVOR!"

He picks a toad off the ground and others laugh. I kind of feel bad for the boy. How embarrassing. McGonagall looks a little angry at the interruption. "The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." She says. And with that she walks away. Draco nudges me. "What?"

"Watch this." He says, walking in front of a boy with shaggy black hair and glasses. "So it's true then, what they were saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." He announces. Murmurs go through the crowd. Harry Potter? I didn't realize he was our age. Interesting.

"This is Crabbe and Goyal, and I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He says. I'm glad he left me out of it. A boy with red hair snorts at his name. "Think my name's funny do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand me down robe. You must be a Weasley." Ok that was rude.

I sometimes question why I'm friends with theses people. They can be extremely rude when they're trying to cement their place above everyone else. If only they learned that to be above the others all you have to do is show it with actions then everything would be fine.