Chapter 24: "Chaotic"

The wedding was not worth double, considering the fact that everything had already been used by the previous event but no one contested Beau's offer and the owners accepted the payment graciously

Gia and Evan filled out the paperwork for a marriage license, Beau and his bodyguard serving as witness. The woman in the navy suit helped apply makeup to Gia's darker bruises, preparing her for the photographs while Evan sat quietly through the process.

She just wanted to be married, she didn't care how lavish the ceremony was and she made sure to say as much. She couldn't bring herself to do a traditional wedding march either. Although she was on the outs with her father and was doing this in part to spite him, she also was aware that she was robbing him of a special moment he had been looking forward to. Giving his only child away.

Instead, out of respect, Gia had Evan walk her down the aisle, her arm wrapped inside of his and Beau and his bodyguard waiting at the altar. The owner's wife stood on the other side, a small bouquet of flowers in her hand, standing in for Gia as a solo bridesmaid.

The Center had supplied a veil for her that clipped into the front of her hair. Gia was grateful to have it, helping her disguise the giggles she was suppressing. She felt a small pinch from Evan when one loud one slipped through halfway to the altar. She bit down on her lip and stepped back into unison, feeling like a little girl playing make believe.

They reached the front of the room, where Marty, the officiator, stood waiting. The pianist, who had been called back to the venue to play once again, stopped the music and jumped up from his spot, moving around the piano and disappearing out of the room.

"We are gathered here today," Marty said, clearing his throat awkwardly at the near empty room, to witness the holy matrimony of Evan Fenderline and the graceful Giovanna Salvatore." He bows his head at her, respectively, using a handkerchief to dab at his sweating brow. He does the sign of the cross across his chest before continuing the ceremony.

Gia expected any moment to be interrupted, picturing Carmine or his lackey or even Brittany for that matter to come barging through the door demanding it all come to a halt but not a single disruption occurred. Afterward, they had a small photo shoot indoors, also provided by the venue.

"We'd like for these to be leaked to the press," Evan said, pulling the photographer aside when he felt they had snapped enough.

The young man's eyes darted from Evan to Gia, silently needing confirmation.

"24 hours," she smiled, placing a hand on his shoulder to calm him. He jumped as if she had shocked him from the physical contact and Gia had to bite back a laugh.

"I'd still like an album made up though," she said, sliding her fingers into Evan's warm palm.

He squeezed her hand, turning to embrace her.