•7•

Ace's POV

2 years ago

It was a normal night at work for me. I work for the Fallen Angels gang, they are the most ruthless gang in the country and if not that, the world. I am one of their best and most respected trainers. I walk into the underground and greet some of the regular fighters. As I was watching one of the fights take place I noticed a little girl watching the fight with a look of awe on her face. She couldn't be more then 11 or 12 years old, I was surprised they let her in. Normally I wouldn't have even bothered with her but there was something about her that compelled me to talk to her. She reminded me so much of Elana I just had to talk to her. I bring her over to a bench and she tells me about her home life. I promised myself that I would be their for her. I felt like I got a second chance at being a big brother. Elana was taken from us to soon by cancer, that is why I joined the gang, so I could pay for her last days to be the best days. Over the years I trained and mentored her and watched her grow up. I became the brother I never had the chance to be. I watched her go through the good and the bad times.

Right now I am watching the amazing fighter she has become. She can take down the toughest opponents in less than two minutes.

I watch as she flips over her opponent with ease and pins him to the ground. She leaves the ring and jogged over to me.

Present

I am tackled into a hug by Ivy.

"Good job Ivy, you don't have anymore fights tonight."

"Ok, I am going to head out then."

"Ok see ya."

Ivy's POV

After my fight I head home and it is about 1 in the morning. I walk in the door and expect to be met with darkness and silence. Instead I walk in and everyone is standing in the living room. Rico is pacing and Rose is trying to calm him down, some are just silent, and some are in deep conversation. I shut the door extra loud and make my presence noticed. Everyone's eyes snapped to me "What is going on?" Before anyone could answer me one of Rico's hackers, Tyler, came running into the living room with his phone in his hand. "They are on their way, they should be here by noon tomorrow."

By now I am extremely confused. I guess Rose, being the observant one noticed, and starts to explain. "About an hour ago one of our men from a couple states over called and said that during one of the shipments they heard crying. They followed the sound and found a little girl in torn up and dirty clothes in a storage unit with her head on her knees crying. She wouldn't talk to anyone so they are bringing her here."I just nod and head upstairs. Thinking of that little girl alone and scared,I could not help but have my mind wonder to where she was, or if she was even alive. With those thoughts I fall into the darkness of sleep.

The next morning

I woke up about 10 o'clock. I get ready and go downstairs and to get breakfast. I decided to go see Ray today. I didn't see anyone around so I wrote a note saying where I was going. As I was going out the door Nate came in. "Hey Ivy, where are you going.''

"To see Ray"

"Ok, have fun."

A couple hours later

I am on the way home from the garage and I had a great time with Ray. We caught up and just talked.

I pull into the gates and am shocked to see so many cars. I then remember that the little girl was coming at noon. I look at my phone and see that it is 1:30. Oops. I walk into the house and see a bunch of the guards kneeling in front of the couch, and it sounded like they were trying to bribe the little girl to talk. I just chuckled to myself and walked farther into the living room. They noticed I was there and got up and when they moved I was able to see the little girl. I was shocked at who was sitting in front of me.

"Charlotte?!"