•9•

It has been about two weeks since Rico and Rose adopted Char. Everything has been pretty calm. I have been working with Ray in the garage and Ace in the ring. I bonded with Char a lot and learned that she likes kickboxing.
Nate is now apart of the gang but he is just in it so he has the gangs protection.

"Ivy, Ivy, Ivy!!" I hear a excited voice shout while coming into the home gym. I pause my music and walk over to Char.
"Yes?"
"Rico said that You and Nate can take me to get ice cream!!"
Laughing, I tell her "Go get Nate and I will meet you in the garage."
I run upstairs and take a quick shower and throw on some ripped skinny jeans, a grey Calvin Klein shirt, and white sneakers.

I grab my phone and wallet while walking downstairs

I grab my phone and wallet while walking downstairs. I text Rico that we are leaving and then we head to the ice cream shop.
I order mint chocolate chip, Nate orders cookies and cream, and Char orders rainbow sherbet.
We enjoy our ice cream and just talk about anything and everything. Once we are finished we get up and toss our stuff in the trash can and decide to go to the park across the street. I watch as Nate and Char have a race to see who can get to the swings first. I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket. Taking it out I see a text from an unknown number.

Better watch them closely, it would be a shame if something were to happen to your new family. Especially with what happened to your parents.

Immediately my breathing gets heavier as I look at Char who is laughing while Nate pushes her on the swing. My thoughts run wild, My parents? I thought it was an accident? They weren't involved with gangs, right? What does this guy want?

I hate to ruin their fun but their safety is more important. I motion to Nate that we have to go and we all get in the car. Nate can tell that something is wrong but he isn't asking with Char around and I am grateful for that.
When we get back to the house Char happily skips inside and upstairs to her playroom. I, along with Nate, walk upstairs to Rico's office. Bursting through the door like I own the place. I one breath  I tell a shocked Rico. "We were at the park and some strange number texted me saying to watch Nate and Char because he wouldn't want anything to happen to my new family especially after what happened to my parents. I was told my parents death was a accident but apparently it wasn't."
Rico, still in shock calls a gang meeting. Once he processes everything I just told him he asks for the number to start tracking it. While he does that I turn to Nate who still hasn't said anything. He just looks at me and then pulls me into a much needed hug "Don't worry, no one will get us and we are all safe."  I just nod into his chest and keep hugging him and thinking. It was all to good to be true, I finally have something good in my life and someone just has to come snatch it away.