•8•

"Charlotte?!"

"IVY!!" She squealed.

She ran to hug me. I am still in shock but hug her back. When we stop hugging I take a step back and look at her. She has grown about 4 inches and she looked a lot thinner. As she continued to hug me I look up and see that everyone is confused and shocked that she talked and probably that I showed so much emotion.

"What is going on?!" Rico said confused.

He looked at me then to Char then back to me. A look of understanding then disbelief cross his face before he mumbled "She is your sister."

When I nodded my head I was bombarded with questions.

"Why didn't you tell us"

"Why wasn't she in the orphanage with you"

"Why were you separated?"

"Are you full siblings?'

Holding my hand up to silence everyone I take a seat on the couch with Char next to me.

I prepare myself to tell the story of my past, the story I never wanted to relive but for some reason I trusted them.

"When I was seven and Char was just a baby we were at home with our babysitter while my parents went out to dinner with some people from work. It was about 11 o'clock and I was about to go to bed when the doorbell rang. The babysitter answered it and there were two police officers there. They told us that my parents were caught in the crossfire of a shooting while leaving the restaurant. My father died instantly and my mother died at the scene. Char and were put in an orphanage since we had no living relatives and since Char was a baby she was quickly adopted. Two years later after I had been adopted numerous times and brought back Miss K the caretaker let Char visit me. She didn't know who I was but that didn't matter as long a she was happy and safe. Turns out she was being abused and the last time I saw her, which was about six months before Rico adopted me, she wanted to run away but couldn't because she was so young."

When I was done talking I looked around and saw that everyone was looking at us with pity and I hate pity. "We don't need your pity, what we have lived through has made us both stronger." I looked at Char to find her curled up in a ball asleep. "I will take her to my room she will probably feel the safest there and let her get some sleep she can answer questions tomorrow." I picked her up and carried her up to my room.  Shutting the door with my foot I layed her down on the bed. I removed her shoes and put the blankets over her. I then got myself ready for bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to someone bouncing on my bed. I open my eyes but am blinded by the light that is coming through my curtains. Once my eyes adjust to the light I see a smiling Charlotte. I get us ready for the day and we head downstairs. When we were walking down the hallway Nate came out of his room. Char saw him and yelled his name, she then jumped into his arms. Nate was always there when Char would visit so she knew him pretty well. All three of us walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. When Char sees everyone staring at her she quickly hid behind my leg. I picked her up and put her on the stool next to Nate. I fixed her a plate of waffles that the cook had made. Once she had her food she dug in.

We were waiting for Char to finish eating so I told them how she knew Nate and by the time I was done that she was done eating. We went into the living room and Rico looked at my silently telling me to ask the question we were all dying to know.

"Char, why were you in that storage unit?" I asked softly.

"Because the bad guys were after me."

This time it was a confused Rico who spoke up "Who are the bad guys?"

"I don't know but they were always at the house I lived in with Beth and Chris."

"Who are Beth and Chris?"

"My foster parents."

"Why don't you call them mom a dad?"

"Because they never let me."

By now she was close to tears and I think everyone else noticed too because Rex asked "Why don't we make snacks and watch movies all day?"

Char squealed and went to pick out a movie while I laughed at Rex's child like behavior.

~~~~~~~~~

It is now 5 o'clock at night and Rex and Char are arguing over Tangled or Frozen as the next movie to watch. Rico and Rose motioned for me to follow the  into the kitchen. I got up and followed them and when we got into the kitchen I waited for them to explain.  

Rico shocked me when he said "If it is ok with you and Char we would like to adopt her. It wouldn't be right for you guys to be separated again."

I couldn't respond and could only nod as Rose engulfed me in a hug. All that was left was to tell everyone else.

I felt like I had a family again and it was funny to think that two months ago Rico reluctantly adopted me and now he has three children.