(14) His spree

The long drive to the hospital was silent. Nobody dared to speak a word, and Naruto preferred it that way. He couldn't handle the pressure of talking to Nikko or Karin. That's what bothered the poor blonde boy the most. The trio finally arrived, Naruto quickly unfastened his seat belt. The blonde leaped out of the car his speed walking turned into full-on sprints. His breath was hitching, he felt like something was wrong. Terribly wrong. His heart was beating, fast.

"N-Nikko..." Karin muttered to Nikko who looked at her with a pale, confused face. Karin looked ghostly. The two left Sakura at home, hoping she'd probably be asleep still. Which would be the dumbest thing they've ever done.
"Remember, Sakura is a-asleep right?" She clutched Nikko's shoulders. Nikko's eyes grew wider. He shook his head in disbelief. No way in hell could Sai really be this fast. Or good at his job. Then again, it wasn't good to underestimate your opponent.
"Are you implying that Sai could've found Sakura already?" Nikko's voice shook with fear. An odd interpretation of what the girl said mere seconds ago, but it was like they could read each other like a book. Right now she was an open one. Karin nodded. She turned to look at Naruto who was paying them no mind, already inside the hospital asking for Sasuke.

"We need to go, now!" Karin snapped furiously. What were the odds that Sai was on his way there, just like them waiting to kill Sakura? To remove all the evidence, the evidence was that girl. Nodding, Nikko and Karin ran back to the car. Leaving Naruto to look for his 'lover', Sasuke.

- An Hour Later -
(11:45)

[ 2 hours after the death of Ino ]

Naruto looked into Sasuke's dark eyes. They were half-open, but the man sure did have a lot to say to Naruto for someone who was sleepy.
"Sasuke, stop talking..you're going to go into a coma this time" Naruto sighed. He plopped down onto the chair, letting his messy hair cover his sweaty face. Chuckling lightly, Sasuke turned to look at the window outside. It was pitch black, darkness took over the city. The thought of what lurked in that city scared him. He didn't know anything about where Sai was or who Sai was working for. The thought of Ino's sloshy head falling off her neck replayed in his mind. An urge to gag came up his throat, but he'd have to hold it down. He could not let Naruto see him weak or vulnerable right now. Even if he was pretty clear he was.
"I'm sorry...I didn't protect you" Naruto muttered. The anger of the situation only made his emotions worse. The man wanted to ball up in a circle and cry his eyes out. He just wanted this all to be over. Another light chuckle came from Sasuke. Was this some kind of joke to him?
"You surprised me tonight..I'm sure you could've killed the both of them if you wanted" Sasuke smiled at the thought of his 'lover' being strong and independent. Sasuke truly admired that in his interests. That's why he fell in love with Sakura Haruno (Uchiha) She was bright, with the cockiest attitude. Yes, she could brush up on some of her qualities, but Sasuke was ready to help her. He was ready to commit to his role as the husband. Hoping she'd commit the role of a wife. But it wasn't worth it. They both cheated, they were both trash for what they've done. Sasuke was ready to fix it, but he wasn't so sure Sakura would be given a chance to even fix anything. His stomach started to hurt, not because of anything gassy. It was because of that feeling of something terrible happening. Pushing the thought out, he continued.
"You're one of the strongest people I've ever met...you're all I could ask for.." Sasuke turned to look at Naruto. Who was silently crying? His head was laying on his fists. He thought about Ino, the life she could've lived if she didn't choose that path. The life he could be living if he never killed her. The police knew it was self-defense but that didn't make his case any better. Plus who would go on trial? Sai? He was long gone. There were no records of Ino or Sai. Like they were untraceable people with many different identities.
"All I think about is her head, falling off of her body like that. Her eyeballs rolling to the back of her head. Her t-t-tongue...it was black" Naruto sobbed.
"Her face went white, completely white. I killed her with that stupid gun" His voice sounded painful. Naruto couldn't keep his emotions in for long before they'd be spilling all over the place.
"Maybe if I-" Sasuke held his hand up for silence. Which being an Uchiha, he was sure to get just that.
"You did the right thing..." Sasuke soothed. Sasuke's wounds were covered up and would heal within a week. They would leave tomorrow morning, thankfully. The shot was nowhere vital and only barely affected him. That was like a ton off of Naruto's already heavy shoulders.
"Don't blame yourself for something like this...what else were you supposed to do?" Silence swallowed up any conversation they had. Naruto was left in his thoughts, while Sasuke dozed off to sleep. It was already 12:00 am. Little did the two know that their morning would be filled with even worst catastrophes.
----
12:30 pm
Police were everywhere around Karin's tiny home. Luckily their plan would never come out to the police that they intended to use Sakura for details on Sai, but that didn't stop the guilt from rushing into their bodies. Sakura lay dead on Karin's sofa. Her poor body had been completely untouched. Except for that slit on her throat. Not that Nikko or Karin knew but it looked oddly like the way Ino's neck looked when sliding off. A man with long jet black hair pulled into a tight ponytail appeared. He looked remarkably like Sasuke Uchiha.
"Alright, you two...own this house am I correct?" The officer looked at the two. Karin shook her head.
"Actually this is just my house. Nikko is staying here for only a short time." The officer nodded. He scribbling furiously on his notepad.
"I'm going to have to take you two in for questioning" He cuffed Nikko first, giving him a suspicious look. Nikko gulped. The two didn't have a story that would probably even add up.

'stick to the facts'

Karin reminded herself. They were innocent, no need to be spilling unnecessary business. Karin was thrown into another cop car. This time a man with a blonde ponytail. He smiled warmly at her.
"I'm Officer Deidara!" He smiled warmly. 'It's unusual to see an officer so nice to handcuffed people.' She thought. Karin smiled warmly.
"Hi...I'm Karin, Karin Uzumaki" Deidara nodded. The rest of the ride was silent except for the scratchy radio, or the hums of Deidara.

-----
7:00 am.

The long eight-hour questioning left Nikko and Karin drained. The two stuck to the facts, leaving them out of the suspicion list. They still had many idea's in mind, and it turns out that jet black-haired police officer was actually Sasuke Uchiha's brother. The one Sasuke refused to talk to, according to what Karin heard Deidara and the officer discussing. The two seemed to be in deep conversation, the black-haired guy had his arm on the door, and Deidara was basically looking up at him. With furrowed brows, while having his hands on his hips. Karin admired the way they looked together. Black and Blonde. They almost resembled an older version of Naruto and Sasuke, except they were in love. Madly in love. Karin suddenly missed the two of them. She would have to get out of here before they were next.
----

Naruto must've crawled into bed with Sasuke. Sasuke's arms were wrapped around Naruto protectively. The blonde's face was Nuzzled into Sasuke's chest, while Naruto's arms were wrapped around Sasuke's waist. The two were sleeping soundlessly. That is before the nurse burst into the room. She urged the two to wake immediately. Which they did. Naruto bolted up first with sweat dripping down his face. He wiped in, hoping Sasuke wouldn't notice. Sasuke pretended to not notice, but he didn't pretend to act okay with the sudden bursting into rooms and interrupting someone sleep at 7 am. He hadn't got his full 9 hours of sleep. The raven was angry.
"Just why did you have to wake ME up?!" He growled. The blonde-haired female looked at him.
"Listen here brat, I have some news for you, and oh trust me!" She laughed hysterically before finishing her sentence.
"You sure as hell won't like it. Now be quiet Uchiha." She hissed. The man quickly went quiet. She cleared her throat.
"Your brother, Itachi Uchiha has found your wife Sakura Uchiha..."
"dead."
Dead. A word that he suddenly so used to. Death, Dying, the dead. Naruto looked at Tsunade.
"N-no that can't be?! Why would the police tell YOU of all people?!" Tsunade looked at the blonde sympathetically.
"No, Karin told me, deary, she didn't have the guts to tell you two face to face." Tsunade smiled sadly. That's when it hit Naruto.

Karin killed Sakura Haruno.