01

Zhao Yunlan hated hospital.  This place seemed to be the place he hated the most.  Zhao Yunlan lost his grandfather and grandmother at the hospital, he also had to lose his mother at the hospital.  This place is nothing but sadness.  This white hall, this smell, this people with white coat, He hates them all.  But, like a curse, the place you hate will remain a place where you will lose the people you love.  And Zhao Yunlan finally had to come to this place again.

Zhao Yunlan had just arrived in Shanghai, the city he had just visited again after 7 years.  After his grandfather died 7 years ago, Zhao Yunlan decided to live in London.  Zhao Yunlan hated It because one by one his loved ones left him.  First was his grandmother, when Zhao Yunlan was 5 years old, then his mother died when Zhao Yunlan was 7 years old.  His grandfather died when Zhao Yunlan was 23 years old.  And now maybe he will lose the only family member left.

Zhao Yunlan did not know that his father had lung cancer.  He is indeed not close to his father.  Because his father was always busy working and did not have time for him and Zhao Yunlan had to live together with his stepmother and stepbrother who were the same age as Zhao Yunlan.  After his mother died, his father decided to married again.  The woman is his father's secretary and had children from her previous marriages.  And Zhao Yunlan hated them.  This woman just wanted his father’s money and never care about Zhao Yunlan.  The son of this woman is nothing but a spoiler brat. Zhao Yunlan hates them both equally.  Therefore after his grandfather died he decided to live in London.  During this time his grandfather was the only reason that made Zhao Yunlan remained in Shanghai.

Zhao Yunlan never hated his father, he was just angry because his father had been blinded by this woman.  Even if you write a thousand bad things about this woman, you will never be able to open Zhao Yunlan's father's eyes.  Just as Zhao Yunlan had done, he had repeatedly said that she was a cunning woman but his father had never trusted him.

Yesterday butler Wu said that his father was in critical condition because of his cancer and asked Zhao Yunlan to go home immediately because it was an emergency.  The doctor said that his father's chance to stay alive is very thin.  And Zhao Yunlan was the main heir to his father's wealth.  Zhao Yunlan was his father's only child, so Zhao Yunlan had to go home.

So, here he is now, half running towards the VIP room number 3 at the end of this hall.  Zhao Yunlan had seen several people wearing black suits and ties standing guard in front of the room.  They are his father's bodyguards.

"Dad," Zhao Yunlan called as he opened the door.  Everyone inside looked directly at him.  There are some doctors and also butlers Wu and Mr. Zhang, who is the Zhao family lawyer.  There was also Chu Suzhi who was standing next to a woman who was sitting while holding his father's hand.  The woman was seen crying but Zhao Yunlan knew that it was a fake cry.  And then there's the old man, lying weak and helpless.  His eyes that were almost closed could still see Zhao Yunlan.  He even reacted when he heard Zhao Yunlan call out to him.  He tried to move his hand and waved at Zhao Yunlan.