09

Love cures people - both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it - Karl Menninger

***

Shen Wei and Zhao Yunlan spent their first night in this house replacing all the furniture in their room, as a result they found 4 other hidden cameras.  Finally Zhao Yunlan decided to increase security in this room by installing a room door that could only be opened by the fingerprints of Shen Wei and Zhao Yunlan.

"They are smarter than us," Zhao Yunlan said that night, when they had finished replacing all the furniture.  Because a little tired they both just lazing in their new bed.

"Hmm ... they can do everything they can to get what they want" Shen Wei replied "Yunlan, do they also know that you are investigating your father's death?"

"If they watch me with that hidden camera then I'm sure they already know, ah ..." Zhao Yunlan groaned "It's a good thing we don't discuss about our marriage here.  Anyway, how do you know that there is a camera in the flower vase? "

"I only see on TV that spies usually keep hidden cameras.  I think my love for  television drama can be useful" Shen Wei joked

"Hahaha" Zhao Yunlan laughed "Can you watch tv more often?"

"Well, it depends"

"Depend on what?"

"Depends on my mood of course"

"Anyway, tomorrow I will introduce you to someone"

"Who?" Shen Wei asked

"His name is Lan Wangji, he will be your bodyguard"

"Why?  I don't need that" Shen Wei refused

"It's for your safety, please. He will guard you and follow you everywhere, especially when I'm not beside you.  We also have our own work, so we can't always be together" Zhao Yunlan explained.

Actually, since the beginning Zhao Yunlan decided to involve Shen Wei, he always had fear. Especially regarding Shen Wei's safety. They almost killed a few days ago.  Zhao Yunlan did not want anything bad to happen again.  Zhao Yunlan's life was always in danger, and Zhao Yunlan could not save everyone.  For that he needs help from others.  And the right choice is a bodyguard that he has known for a long time.

Zhao Yunlan met Lan Wangji while they were still living in London.  Lan Wangji is the younger brother of one of his best friends.  Zhao Yunlan has a doctor friend.  And the doctor was also the first to suspect something wrong with the death of Zhao Yunlan's grandfather, then the death of Zhao Yunlan's father as well.  Until now the doctor was still investigating the true cause of their deaths.

Of course Zhao Yunlan really trusted his best friend, for that also Zhao Yunlan could trust his best friend's younger brother to become Shen Wei's bodyguard.  Lan Wangji also has experience as a soldier.  But he decided to resign for personal reasons.  Currently he works as a trainer in his family's bodyguard services company.

"Your father and mother will also get their respective bodyguards," Zhao Yunlan continued

"Is it necessary?" Shen Wei was a little hesitant, Shen Wei was indeed not easy to get to know strangers

"Yes, Xiao Wei.  We have declared an open war against them now.  We must not let our guard down "

"Well, if you say so ..." Shen Wei nodded "I agree"

"Okay then, we will meet him tomorrow at my office.  Don't worry, my office has high security.  No one can enter my office except me and soon you can too"