Fool In The Rain

Jonesy stopped suddenly while the pair were strolling in the cool rain and smirked as a small boy would, checking around the dark, bare street. Giggling giddily, he grabs Bonzo's hand and starts running, their feet splashing in puddles along the way.

"Jonesy!" Bonzo whisper-screams, chuckling as well as they skip over the curb in front of Jonesy's house. "Someone will see!" He warns half-heartedly as his dark eyes crinkle at the edges in the way that made the smaller man melt.

"I look like a bird from a distance anyroad." Jonesy grins from ear to ear as he leans against the eroded brick of his tiny house and pulls the taller man in by the collar of his thick jacket. "And frankly, I don't give a damn." He giggles again as he glares lovingly into Bonzo's almost black eyes before leaning in and tenderly pressing their lips together. Bonzo's eyes flutter shut and his arms automatically encircle around Jonesy's middle, bringing him as close as humanly possible all the while Jonesy's soft hands moved from Bonzo's chest to cup each side of his face. The slight tickle of the taller man's moustache made the other man smile into their kiss, but it was soon that the bottom lip of his smile was being gently bitten and tugged on by the slightly younger man.

It was short-lived though as one hand caressed Jonesy's face and the other on his boney hip as Bonzo pulled away from the kiss. Much to the dismay of his scrawnier partner.

"What are you doing?" Jonesy laughs once it had been comfortable silence over them for a long while.

"Admiring my view." Bonzo whispers in response, his eyes holding Jonesy's tenderly and lovingly. His mousey boyfriend only blushes in reply as the darker-haired man stroked his hair behind his ear and Jonesy leant into his touch.

"I love you." He breathes softly over the loud pounding of the rain. His hair was a dripping, mattered mess swept over his forehead and his honeycomb eyes shone like an Emperor's prized jewel through the dim English weather.

Bonzo smiled warmly despite the temperature. "You already know how much I love you back."

"There's no harm in telling me more so though." Jonesy pouts as a joke and laughs before leaving a lingering peck on his companion's lips.

"I suppose I might have to then. It's only fitting I tell the most amazing boy in the whole wide world," he pauses briefly as he searches his pockets. "just how much I love him." He says and grabs the other person's eye contact, holding it tightly so it couldn't possibly slip away.

Slowly, watching Jonesy like he'd disappear if he blinked, retracting something from his pocket as he came to kneel on one knee. Jonesy's cheerful expression faded for one of shock and underlying excitement as he cupped his hands over his mouth.

"John Paul Jones. John Baldwin. Jonesy. My love," he says softly as his velvety voice oozes passion. "will you marry me?" He proposes as he flips open the small leather box to reveal a simple but magnificent shiny, bronze band. It had tiny, skillfully engraved stars dented into the metal and one small, modest, circular crystal at the front.

Jonesy couldn't believe his eyes. Or ears. He blinked the raindrops from his long eyelashes for a long moment, thinking that if he blinked enough, he'd wake up from his heavenly dream. But he didn't wake up and thank god, because Bonzo was actually kneeling down in front of him, asking to take his hand. All the happy dizziness though was unpleasantly interrupted by a much sadder thought.

"But..." He starts, almost wanting to burst into tears as he shares his gaze with Bonzo. "it isn't legal, John. We can't even tell anyone, let alone this." He whispers and his voice quavers slightly.

"Who says it has to be legal? Really it's only a silly piece of paper, and we can make our own of that. We don't need a stranger in a black and white collar to tell us what marriage is. We can figure that out our selves." The kneeling man explains, his eyes nor arms not quivering with doubt or defeat once as they reached out to Jonesy with pure heart and soul.

Jonesy nodded and seemed to think for a long while more.

"Well? You're making me look like a fool in the rain, darling!" Bonzo chuckles as his knee starts to get sore on the wet concrete.

"Yes!" Jonesy cheers, having a literal 'fuck it' moment as he squeaks in joy. Relieved and starting to sweat nervously, Bonzo stands and kisses his fiancè on the cheek before slipping the ring he'd spent his months pay on getting onto the other boy's skinny finger.