When I kiss his lips...

"Hello. I'm John Lennon and I have done unspeakable things with your son."

That was the sentence that gave John Lennon a black eye.

"And I am in love with him too."

And well, that was the sentence that broke John Lennon's nose.

"Out! Get out of my fucking house, the both of you! You dirty pansies!"

That was the sentence that left John Lennon and Paul McCartney sitting on a curb at 2 o'clock in the morning as John nursed a bleeding nose. Paul undid his tie and pressed it against his boyfriend's face in an attempt to soak up the blood that had been caused by his father.

"Thanks, love," John whispers and beckons a small, chaste kiss from his partner.

"You really shouldn't be thanking me. I got us into this mess." The younger of the two breathes and his eyes begin to well up in guilt and shame.

John grabs his hand and threads their fingers together in a seemingly unbreakable bond. His chocolate almond eyes grab hold of Paul's forest ones through the moonlight and he shows no signs of letting them go anytime soon. "It was going to happen one day anyway and I'm grateful it was me and not you to get hit." He murmurs, brushing his slightly bloody thumb over Paul's ivory knuckles. Paul nods and wills himself not to cry even though he felt damn rotten as he rests his head on his companion's shoulder.

"One day," John murmurs dreamily after a comfortable moment of quiet with the stars reflecting in his eyes. "We'll be allowed to hold hands where we want, when we want and nobody would blink an eye." He says firmly before looking down upon his lover with a smirk. "I might even snog you on the footpath one day and nobody would care." He chuckles and Paul mirrors the sound with his own as he peers down at they intertwined fingers lovingly.

"John."

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"Good to know."

"..."

"You...love me back at all?"

"Sometimes. If you're lucky." The older boy cackles and asks forgiveness for his joke in a tender kiss.

"I have you. I'm the luckiest lad alive."

****

Happy pride month everybody