Epilogue Part 1

**5 Years Later**

I could hear the excited chatter from the living room as I dumped the popcorn into big bowls, the crowd growing increasingly louder the longer I took to bring them food. While I wait for the snacks I suppose I could fill you in on what everyone had been up to in the last few years.

Nancy and Jonathon had now been married for 2 years and she was pregnant with their first child, due around Christmas. Both of them were journalists in Chicago and flourishing in the job moving up the ranks quickly. Jonathon and I had stayed in touch, usually a phone call every few days and the occasional letter in the mail with pictures of everyone. Nancy and I were still on good terms but were nowhere near as close as Jonathon and I. Most times we simply traded pleasantries not knowing what to say to the other when the only thing we had in common was fighting years ago.

Steve had taken over a management position for a men's clothing store downtown and had found he actually enjoyed it, even buying the house from his parent's since they were never home anyway. Our friendship continued to flourish, him and Billy becoming much closer over the years bonding over craft beers and expensive whiskey. While I never imagined the two getting along their friendship had seemed to only grow with every day, the two of them considering coaching the high school basketball team in the fall.

Mike and Eleven were still dating after so many years, both still head over heels for the other. Mike had a part time job at the arcade and Eleven was working for a secondhand store alongside Max. Max and Lucas were in an off stage of their on and off relationship but we all knew they'd be back on in no time because they were perfect for each other even if they didn't see it. Lucas was working for a landscaping company in the summer and shoveling yards in the winter to make some cash. Dustin and Will had taken over the AV clubs at their respective schools, both boys are single but incredibly happy teaching younger kids. As soon as Will got his license he was driving here and staying with us every weekend, our house becoming the go to spot for their weekly Party Slumber Party. All six kids were set to graduate in the spring and I had no idea what I would do after that, they had all grown up so much in the last few years and I couldn't be any more proud of them and everything they've accomplished.

"Piper! You're going to miss the start!" Will shouted getting my butt moving, to this day that kid could tell me jump and I would ask him how high. I still stand by all of the times I sacrificed my safety and body to save and help him. Each scar and memory reminding me of how much I love him and what I would do for every single one of them. I smiled at the group scattered around the living room as I handed out bowls of popcorn before taking my seat and snuggling up to watch the new Alien movie with my family. I couldn't ask for anything better as I looked around at all the smiling faces, my gaze landing on the picture above the TV. It was a photo of Hopper, El and I that Jonathon had taken one day out at the Byers for a BBQ. It was one of our most prized possessions and helped us feel like the man was still around. "Everything okay?" Billy asked quietly, his breath ghosting across my ear. "Everything is great" I returned softly turning my head to press my lips to his jaw. "Shush. The movie is starting" Max hissed as Steve reached up from his spot on the loveseat and flipped the light off shrouding the room in darkness. This was my family and I couldn't be happier.