━━ ♢ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Have you checked the files? Boss wants it by tomorrow." A young male asked his coworker.

"Not yet." The other replied groaning. He then proceeded to smack his head on his desk, repeatedly. So what, if he might lose a couple of brain cells because of this? He'll gain it back, one way or another.

Right?

"Good luck with that." The former chuckled as if he was answering the latter's inner monologue. The white-haired male just patted his back before walking away to his own desk.

"Thanks." He muttered, head still on the desk, his mind empty.

After a few minutes of just thinking why he's even working in the first place, he snapped his head back up, immediately scanning through the tall pile of files.

"Totally forgotten, if I don't work, I can't pay my rent, if I can't pay my rent, I can't live in my apartment and if I can't live in my apartment, I'm basically homeless." He reminded himself.

"I definitely do not want to be homeless."

Scanning through the files, he wondered how life would have been like if he decided not to work in an office setting. Sure, he did well in Business School and got into a good-paying job but he always wondered if there was something he could have done.

Something that would have changed his boring everyday life.

Rummaging through the pages, he stopped briefly when he heard a sudden noise. Looking away from the yellow coloured file, he stared at the big glass windows right beside him. His table was only a foot away, making naps a bit annoying as the sun would directly hit him. He would often wake up with his hair so hot, he was sure he could have fried an egg on top of it.

Or perhaps even bake a whole cake with a side of chocolate chip cookies.

There was something out there. He continued to glance outside, wondering what made the noise.

Squeak! He heard it again.

'Where is that noise coming from?' He thought confused. He saw nothing outside of the building, only skyscrapers stretching miles away and the busy streets of Seoul.

Wait, upon further inspection, he could also see a familiar person walking down the street, holding a bucket of fried chicken.

Oh no, he dropped the drumstick he was holding.

Poor guy.

He was about to turn his head back to work when suddenly someone popped out of nowhere right in front him. The file he was holding was now on the floor as he gasped loudly.

"HOLY SHIT!" He cursed. After realising the scene he had made, he hastily looked around if anyone had noticed. To his relief, everyone else was too busy doing their own work and it was lunch break, which most have already left.

Picking up the file he dropped, he stared back at the windows, his face half-covered with the file.

It was a young lady. She was cleaning the windows from outside, just dangling freely with two ropes attached into her.

'How could she do that? Is she crazy?! I would never do that!"

It was true. Seonghwa would never risk himself anything related to heights. He was afraid of them. Even staring outside the windows for too long makes him feel uneasy.

He continued to stare at the girl in awe, wondering how was she so brave for doing such a risky job. What he didn't realise was that the girl noticed his gaze. She was confused at first but nonetheless, smiled and waved her free hand.

'Just smile and nod y'all, just smile and nod.' She thought, not wanting him to continue staring at her as she did her job. She was slightly weirded out as he was the first person to gaze at her way too long than necessary.

'I'm just cleaning the windows, sir. Never seen one getting cleaned?'

Seonghwa was taken aback and immediately looked away. His heart was pounding heavily under his rib cage and he felt his breathing went ragged. He tried to calm himself down, not wanting his coworkers to think he was having a seizure or that sort.

Once he was calmed his nerves down, he slowly took a peek back at the windows, secretly wanting to wave back at the girl.

But to his dismay, she was already gone.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♢ ━━

SKY HIGH chapter one.