━━ ♢ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Ever since the second encounter with the window cleaner, Seonghwa would purposely eat a huge breakfast on the 25th just to make sure he could see her again during lunchtime. Hongjoong would always leave the office baffled wondering why this happened so strategically.

At first, he shrugged it off, thinking it was just a coincidence. But after four months of the repeated outcome, he was starting to think there was something more than that. After bidding the blacked-haired male, he quickly entered the office again, hiding behind someone's empty desk.

He was sure the owner didn't mind as he was also a close friend.

Hongjoong stared at the raven-haired male closely, waiting for anything to happen. The latter was just typing out reports, humming to a tune.

"Was I just being paranoid?" Hongjoong mumbled to himself, already regretting for doubting his friend. Just as he was about to leave for real, he heard his friend mumbled a hello. He snapped his head back towards the male as he noticed he was waving his hand to someone...

Outside?

The hoary-haired male was confused but nonetheless, glance outside to only gasp softly. A girl was right outside, waving back at him just as amicable. He couldn't believe the sight he was watching. He looked around and noticed no one was observing this.

"So this was because he wanted to see the window cleaner?" He muttered to himself, a million thoughts undulating in his brain. He was confused but a small smirk formed on his lips.

Today was going to be a big day. It was the day Seonghwa was going to ask what was the girl's name. He wrote the question in big caps on a piece of white paper as he showed it in front of her. He made sure to write his name as well. Seonghwa asked her to mouth it to him but she just shook her head knowing he wouldn't be able to guess it. She swiped her finger on the window and grinned happily.

It was a good month of raining and wind blowing against the skyscraper. The window was extra dusty and black filth was staining them. Wasting no time, she wrote her name on the window, making sure to write it backwards so he could actually read it.

"Lee Kayumi." He read the letters on the window before smiling. It was a beautiful name, he thought.

A beautiful name for a beautiful girl.

After knowing her name, the girl has been stuck in his mind all the time, thinking of what she was doing. He was sure that window cleaning was her only job, as the pay was really good. She couldn't have been a uni student as she skipping a week of classes was plain reckless and stupid.

He sighed softly, thinking she's probably somewhere walking on the streets, smiling brightly to anyone who glances upon her.

Oh, how much he wanted to see her again. He only gets to see her once a month for only 10 minutes but could only talk to her for less than one. Well, it was more of writing questions into a piece of a paper while the latter replied by writing on the windows. But sometimes that doesn't work out whenever the windows weren't dirty enough.

Hongjoong knowing this, only giggled. He still didn't tell Seonghwa that he now knows of his intentions of staying at the office instead of eating lunch on such a specific date every time. He only smirked at him whenever he declined and always ended the conversation with a have fun.

One day, all of that changed when the girl asked him a question instead, surprising the tall and handsome male.

'Don't you eat lunch?' She asked, writing it down on the window with a washable black marker. She always pondered to why he was there during lunchtime whenever it's time for her to clean the row of windows on the 45th floor. The usually austere male blushed, not expecting this question. He didn't want to elaborately tell her how he would stuff two servings of breakfast just too see her. So he just answered simply.

'I want to see and talk to you.' He replied on a piece of paper, holding it closely near the windows. Now it was Kayumi's turn to blush when she read his answer. Nonetheless, she beamed at him as she wrote another question. Unlike Seonghwa, Kayumi was not reticent and was very straightforward.

'Do you want my phone number?' She glanced at him shyly, holding the marker in her hands tightly as she waited for his response. Seonghwa was taken aback and he couldn't help but nod his head repeatedly in glee.

Kayumi grinned as she hastily wrote her phone number into the window. Seonghwa copied it down and gave her a thumbs-up as he wrote the last digit. She skilfully cleaned the window, making it sparkled brightly against the afternoon sun.

"Talk to you soon, Seonghwa." She mouthed before lowering herself, disappearing from his sight.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♢ ━━

SKY HIGH chapter four.