━━ ♢ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Ever since that day, Seonghwa has been staring at the windows — hoping he would be able to see the girl again. It was then he realised that the building's windows do not get clean all that often.

"Hey...how often do the windows get clean?" He asked his coworker, who was also his close friend. They were currently in the pantry room as his friend was making a cup of coffee while the former was snacking on some trail mix.

"Windows? You mean those?" His friend pointed to the glass material that covered the building. Seonghwa nodded his head.

"Well, it depends. It was only cleaned every quarter of the year." Hongjoong answered. The white-haired male was with the company for over a year now unlike Seonghwa who was only a few months old.

Seonghwa's mood immediately went down. Does that mean he was only able to meet her again in four months?

"But —" Hongjoong continued, alerting the disappointed man.

"But that was because no one was willing to take the job. Window cleaning is a dangerous job as you can tell."

"I could tell." Seonghwa fretted, already sweating just the thought of dangling outside a skyscraper. Hongjoong just giggled at his reply.

"The new cleaner seemed fearless. She managed to clean the building in a few days. The quickest was 3 weeks."

"What? Really?!" Seonghwa's jaw dropped. It would have taken him a window a day. Meaning, it would have taken him a few years before he was done.

Or maybe he would already be a grandparent by the time he was done.

That's if he actually found someone to marry...

"With her around, I guessed a one-month interval seems plausible." He assumed, sipping his black coffee.

Even if it's just a guess, Seonghwa was more than delighted. Without realising, a smile crept into his face.

"Want to grab lunch together?" Hongjoong asked, standing in front of Seonghwa's table.

"I'm not hungry, sorry." He answered as he patted his tummy. He had a big breakfast earlier. He thought ordering two servings of pancakes was a great idea...

But it was buy one, free one...

Sure it was a couple promotion but Seonghwa was that kind of person who would take advantage of discounts and sales, even if it might backfire him in the end.

"It's okay. Want anything?"

"Could you get me some fresh orange juice from the cafeteria?" He was craving something fruity all of a sudden.

Or maybe he thought shoving something healthy in his body might balance out all the sugar from the pancakes.

A detox, if you may.

"Sure," Hongjoong answered unamused. The black-haired male gave him a grateful smile as he watched him disappear from the office. He quickly then snapped his head back to the windows, waiting patiently for the girl to pop out. It's been roughly a month since he last saw her and he was hoping that today was the day he could see her again. He felt bad that day, not returning the friendly gesture she gave. He was determined to smile and wave back at her —no matter what.

He kept glancing at the windows and the report he was typing out on his laptop repeatedly, making sure he didn't miss her appearance.

He was focused on typing out his last sentence into the keyboard when he heard the all familiar sound.

Squeak! He instantly snapped his head to the left, hiding his lower face under a random piece of paper. He looked at her in awe, still not used to the fact she was dangling with only two ropes outside one of the tallest buildings in Seoul. She was wiping the sweat off her forehead with a free hand while the other was diligently cleaning away the dirt and grime of the glass material.

Seonghwa took a deep breath before lowering the piece of paper down, moving closer towards the girl with his rolling chair. After a few moments, the girl noticed him and was stunned. Seonghwa nervously waved his hand at her as he shoots her with a warm smile.

The girl was confused as to why he was doing so. It took the girl a few moments to recall her memories.

'It's the guy from Floor 45!' She remembered the familiar face that stared at her that day. Not wanting to be rude, the girl waved back — shooting him a smile just as warm.

Seonghwa didn't know why but his heart made a leap forward when she did. The girl then continued to do her job, cleaning the row of windows on that level. When she was done, she glanced back at the previous window, trying to peek at the worker. She noticed he was busy stacking up a pile of files neatly into his desk as he sighed in frustration. The girl could only giggle as she watched him getting all worked up.

When Seonghwa noticed this, he immediately became flustered, causing him to drop the files into the floor. The girl laughed as she clutched into her stomach, amusement filled her eyes. Seonghwa could only sheepishly grin before picking them up hastily.

"Goodbye." She mouthed at him as she did a quick wave, a small smile on her face. She extended the ropes, lowered herself into the next row of windows and disappeared out of sight. The raven-haired male just sighed loudly, not believing he just made a fool out of himself. Just as he was about to turn around to his desk, someone's voice spoke up behind him.

"Did you just wave at the window cleaner, Seonghwa?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♢ ━━

SKY HIGH chapter two.