P A R T O N E

New york city , Bronx NY
December  18 ,2018
6:54 am

F A I T H
▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

FAITH FAITH ! i heard a tiny voice calling my name

I groaned rolling over my eyes slowly opened and met with my 4 year old sisters.  She had tears running down her face and she was slightly shaking.

What honor i grumbled sitting up

Bad dream she whispered

I let out a breath putting my arms in my small worn out t shirt

I sat up pulling her between my legs as she balled up sniffing.

We had been living like this since our mom started doing drugs. She choose drugs over her own kids.  I couldn't take the beating anymore so i packed us a bag and we left. 

We had been on the streets for a little over a month. Sleeping behind Buildings or broken down apartments that haven't been boarded up yet.

We would stay with our dad but he's in prison. So for now on its just me and honor.  I'm pretty sure he doesn't want nothing to do with us when he gets out

I pulled the small blanket out covering her body. We only had one . I'd rather her be warm than me. I don't need her getting sick again. Last time they tried to call cps when we went to the hospital. But i ran away before they came. Luckily it was just a small cold.

Today was Friday so i was able to get us something to eat from a near by food Bank. Breakfast didn't start until 7:00am so i was going to let her sleep.

I looked around watching cars drive past. The lights was bright making honor eyes shut tightly.

Once the street lights started to come on i woke her packing our things up.

I grabbed her hand as we got started on our journey.  I held her hand tightly tugging her along. We would stop every once in a while so she can rest.

I gotta find a way to get her some more shoes.  Cause the ones she wore now was messed up and starting to show the bottom of her old dingy socks.

We made it there 10 minutes later standing in line. I picked her up holding her close. She laid on my shoulder yawning.

After standing there for 5 more minutes they let us in. And i sat honor down while grabbing our trays.

We got our drinks sitting at a near by table.

I chewed on my bacon slowly watching her eat quickly. I shook my head pushing my plate away not in the mood to eat. So i gave the rest to her .

Drink your juice i asked

Okay sissy she said lowly

Once she was finished i scrapped our plates grabbing our bag. I threw it over my shoulder then grabbed her hand walking towards the bathroom. I made sure it was empty before i washed both us up with the hand soap wetting her hair putting it in two French braids.