P A R T T W E L V E

New York City , Bronx NY
January 2, 2019
9:55am

F A I T H
▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

It was after New Year's and also my first day at work. I had been here for a hour and so far it's pretty easy. All i do is prep the food and take orders up at the front. Right now i was taking this older couple order. I clipped the note to the string as the next person walked up.

30 minutes later i washed my hands and slid on some gloves putting the food in the trays. I was moving pretty fast. So people was in and out.

I added fish and fries to the tray closing it going to grab a sprite out the small fridge. I passed it to this younger dude who'd been eyeing me since he got here. He was cute but wasn't my type.

I was able to walk around a little without my crutches. I took my meds so i wasn't in any pain.

I moved on to the next as the line grew shorter and shorter but we was still a little busy. Nothing i can't handle.

It was finally my lunch break and i wad tired i slid into one of the booths taking my boot off. I fixed my pants leg sliding it right back on. I stood up to use the bathroom and wash my hands.

§
You can clock out faith Sam said

I nodded grabbing my jacket i clocked out as Dave walked in speaking to Sam

We finally left out. He helped me in the car then got in himself.

I thought mama was coming i said putting on my seatbelt

You don't wanna ride with me or something he asked

No i just didn't want you going out yo way that's all i said playing with my fingers

It ain't nothing mamas he said

I slowly nodded as we drove in silence. It was a comfortable silence as music played softly in the background. I yawned rubbing my eyes as he looked at me then back at the rode

You hungry he asked

A little i mumbled

Aight you wanna go chill at my house he said

What about honor i said

She go be good ... Let her chill with mama for a bit he said

I nodded as we drove to his house. He got out then came to help me . even though i was fine walking by myself he still helped me.

I sat on the couch while he worked his magic in the kitchen.  I eventually went and sat on one of the stools .

He ended up making chicken Alfredo with broccoli and shrimp. And we had garlic bread. It was so good i loved every bit of it i never knew he could cook. Once we were done we watched tv for a bit then i went back to mama house.

How was work baby she asked

It was good.. Pretty easy i nodded