P A R T T H R I T Y E I G H T

New York City, Bronx NY
October 21, 2019
1:45pm

D A V E
°°°°°°°°°°°

I sighed getting out of my car tucking my keys in my pocket

I sighed getting out of my car tucking my keys in my pocket. I walked up to Honor school pressing the small button.

I tugged on the door once I heard a buzz walking up to the front desk

How may I help you an older lady asked

Uh I'm here to pick up honor sanders I said

Can I see your ID she asked

I rolled my eyes giving hery ID as she looked at it then the computer handing me back my card.

As soon as I was about to sit down honor walked in with her Head down and her teacher. Trailing behind her.

She gave me her papers walking away.

I shook my head scooping Honor up in my arms as she laid on my shoulder.

Her teacher or principal called and said honor insulted another little girl but didn't want to tell me why she did it.

Faith was at work so I offered to pick her up.

Once I sighed her out we went out to the car I strapped her up in the back. Getting in myself sitting her bookbag beside her feet.

You hungry I asked buckling my seat belt.

No she mumbled

I pulled off going home I let her inside first closing and lock the door behind me kicking my slides off going over to the couch.

Come here baby girl I said

She plopped down on the couch next to me playing with her fingers looking down at her lap.

What happened today I asked

She kept teasing me because I didn't um have a dad to put on my family tree she frowned.

You got me okay... don't let them little snot nose kids get you mad okay I said

She slightly smiled nodding her head