Chapter 7

I woke in an uncomfortable hospital bed. My head was propped up on a plumped up pillow and I had a stiff neck. I was wearing one of those ugly hospital gowns and it was itchy. I couldn't move but I opened my eyes slowly and everything was blurred. I closed them again and as quickly opened them. My eyes came into vision and I could hear a bleeping sound. Next to my bed was Lisa. She was asleep and her head was resting on top of a magazine she must have been reading last night. Her makeup was all over the place and it looked as though she had been crying. The bleeping sound was getting louder and then two nurses ran past with a bed with a woman with blonde hair on it. I didn't like hospitals and I wondered why I was here. Lisa stirred and propped her arm up on her hand and yawned. She saw me watching her and smiled widely.
"Hey. How are you?"she asked.
"I'm fine" I croaked and she gave me a sip of water.
"I thought I might have lost you. I probably would have if Josh hadn't ran in for you" she pointed out. OMG. How could I forget. Josh. We're was he? Was he ok? Why did he save me after everything?
"Where is he?"I choked. A tear was running down my face.
"He's err," She didn't seem to know what to say. This worried me.
"He's in a room down the corridor. No one is allowed in. Er I tried to visit him to tell him your ok but the nurse wouldn't let me in" she sighed. More tears down my face.
"What happened to him?"I found the courage to ask.
"Well after he brought you out there was a scream. From inside. He ran through the door just as there was an explosion."she looked away from me. I was so upset that is lipped my feet out of bed and placed them on the cold floor and before Lisa could stop me I was running through the hospital ward and out of the door. I ran until I got to where I ought Josh was. Lisa hadn't followed me. She knows me too well. Nothing could keep me away from that room. I found the door and burst through into the room. In there was two nice looking people who I instantly knew were Josh's parents. His brother was sat on the other side of the room and had his head bent. Josh's mum was gently stroking his face where many cuts were visible. Some of which I recognised because they were there when he had saved me. His dad saw me first. He looked at me from head to toe and then coughed to indicate I was there. His mum looked at me with sorrowful eyes and cried. She walked towards me as if she knew me. She walked me towards his bed. She must know who I am I thought. I sat on the chair next to his bed and stroked his hair.
"He hasn't woken since yesterday." His dad informed me.
"We think. We think he just needs time to rest." Added his mum.
"Maybe you can wake him up," his brother said, this was the first time he had acknowledged me at all,"he was asking for you last night before he fell asleep."
"He. He saved me. I am so grateful but he went after someone else and.." I couldn't finish my sentence. "This is all my fault. If it weren't for me he wouldn't have come to the school. He wouldn't have seen the fire in the first place." I put my head on my knees and wept.
"No sweetheart. This isn't your fault and don't you ever think that." His mum said sweetly. I lifted my head as her hand patted my shoulder. We sat there in silence for some time. I stroked Josh's face and his hair and his hands. I whispered too him that I needed him to stay. That I needed him to wake up. Then his eyes began to move but nothing else happened. What else should I do?
"Kiss him." Said his brother.
"What?" I thought he was joking.
"Kiss him. He really loves you and I bet you anything him knowing your alright will wake him up"
So I bent my head towards his. I gently placed my lips against his. Nothing happened at first but then after a few seconds he kissed me back. I stopped and realised.
"Josh. OMG your awake." I rushed. Tears were spilling out of my eyes again.
He put his hand to my face, "please don't cry I'm fine just a bit sore that's all." He tried to joke but I cried harder. He leaned up and kissed me again but stopped because he was in pain. His Mum dad and brother left the room leaving us alone. The smile was still in Josh's eyes and I kissed his head because that's all I wanted to do. I placed his hand in mine and he squeezed it.
"You saved me," I said, "how am I ever going to repay you?"
"Kiss me again?" he said as a question. And I did. We kissed for a while until he became weak. I lay him back down and he patter the space next to him on the bed indicating for me to site there. I lay down next to him and rested my head on his chest. He obviously liked this gesture as he placed his arm around my waist. After while he fell back to sleep but before he did he whispered to me,
"I love you Ali"
And I replied with
"I love you too Josh."

Aww what a nice ending hope you all liked the end of my story. And hope you Josh Hutcherson fans don't kill me for putting him in the hospital but thanks for reading and I hope you read my other stories and imagines when they come.

-Beth xx