4. Excitement

"Your fans deserve to know more about you, sir." Tyler's manager, Evan, tells him before adding: "You saw how well Dun's concert review went. I think it would be a perfect opportunity to get closer to your fans."

"There's no way in hell I'm doing an interview with someone as extensive as Joshua Dun."

Now, don't misread the situation, Tyler and Josh no longer classified each other as enemies, but he was still a journalist and there was no way that Tyler would submit himself to that kind of torture for however long the interview would go for.

"Mister Joseph, your fans have been sending emails and fan mail for months now, begging for an interview. Especially one with none other than Josh Dun. He's one of the most famous interviewers right now, no cash gain for you or him."

Tyler frowned, "What does that even mean? What's he playing at?"
Evan sighed, shaking his head. "I don't exactly know, Sir. But I've already agreed that you'll do it and we have to be there in about 40nminnnutes."

Tyler looked at Evan with a look that could kill, looking him up and down as if he were deciding then and there if he should fire Evan or not.

"If this interview goes bad, Evan. I'll be having a cab come to pick you up, and you'll never speak to me again." Tyler spat before hanging up on the young manager.

Evan just sighed, he knew the risks when he'd accepted the interview, and he had faith that Josh wouldn't unintentionally cripple his entire career.

"You're lucky that I'm letting us pre-record this instead of doing this live." Josh said, sliding into the chair opposite Tyler.

To the side of them was an outstanding amount of technology used solely for recording audio and Tyler was a little impressed by how Josh used it so easily. Between them was two microphones which were attached to contraptions which made them simple to move.

"Is that a threat, Joshua?" Tyler asked bitterly.

"No, I just don't want you to make a fool of yourself on live radio again." Josh bantered.

"What-" Before Tyler could finish Josh raised a hand and mouthed a countdown.

Tyler huffed and leaned back in his chair like a child as the station light turned red, indicating that the recording had started.

"Hello listeners and welcome back to my 3pm show, today I am joined by none other than the elusive Tyler Joseph."

Tyler leaned forward into the mic. "Actually, it's... 8:43am right now."

"That, my friends, is a lie." Josh hummed.

"Is not, don't trust him. I'm the guest anyway." Tyler rolled his eyes, not making the interview anything close to easy for Josh.

Josh took a moment to think before continuing. "Okay, whatever you say, Joseph. I think a good question to ask in this interview, something light, is: why are you wearing sunglasses inside?"

"Habit." Was all Tyler replied with, adjusting the position of them on the bridge of his nose.

Josh leaned away from the microphone, sighing quietly.

Tyler just folded his arms across his and gave Josh a challenging look, eager to see how long the younger male would be able to withstand his stubbornness.

"So, Tyler, are you planning on releasing any music with your band in the near future?" Josh glared at Tyler.

"What band?" Tyler asked with a feigned innocent look.