8. Uno

Josh hadn't felt the weight of driving for so long on such little sleep until now, and sleep had never felt so tempting. Josh didn't even remember dozing off until Melody had gently shaken awake, Francis at her side.

"Sorry, I should have offered earlier but you can sleep on one of the couches in the back room if you'd like." Francis rocked from foot to foot behind Melody.

Josh shook his head, "Sorry, that's okay. I didn't even mean to fall asleep."

"Josh- it's Josh, right? You look like you're seconds away from passing out. There's no way we're letting you drive off from here in a state like this."

Josh sat up straight, "I'm okay, I promise. Besides, I don't want to be a hassle."

Melody rolled her eyes. "There's no point in trying to argue with Franky, he always gets his way."

"I can even give you a massage if you'd like." Francis perked up.

"Ooh, Francis gives the best massages. Not like me though. I have sausage fingers."

"I love your sausage fingers." Francis spoke in a hushed tone, rubbing Melody's hand in between his own.

"I know you do." Melody giggled, pecking Francis' nose.

It would have made some people uncomfortable seeing their confidence in showing their love in public, but Josh loved it. Majority, if not all, of the people he knew had paranoia of being watched and most definitely did not show PDA. Josh understood why, after all, he'd slept with Haley Williams two years ago and was still 'Joshua Dun, that journalist who showed Hayley Williams good sex'.

It didn't affect his ability to find work, but ⅔ interviews he had it would be brought up. He envied this couple, because even though their lives had complications in the past and present, they were unafraid of showing their love. It was times like this, just for a minute, that he wished he'd never gotten popular as a music journalist.

Then, Tyler slipped straight into Josh's mind. He suddenly felt guilty because for the first time he could picture the lifestyle that Tyler held. He couldn't think of the last time Tyler had a relationship, and with the mass of fame he held Josh didn't doubt that if he did the media would know. God, Josh was complaining about his popularity, but it was nothing compared to Tyler Joseph.

Once paparazzi caught a photo of him smoking weed out on his balcony and Josh was wrapped, back then any photos of the guy were rewarded with a pay rise. He felt no pity for the guy, even after Ryan told him that after that Tyler refused to leave his house for three whole months. Tyler May be an asshole but Josh was just as cruel as he could be back before he actually knew him.

"Josh, sweetie, have you made up your mind?" Josh registered Melody's voice, and then her gentle hand on his shoulder.

Josh blinked a few times before looking up at her. "Sorry. Yeah, okay, I guess I am pretty tired."

Josh smiled sheepishly as Francis helped him up and he was lead through a door and into the back room. It was small and had a few other doorways leading to different places, in the corner was a small kitchen and in the centre was a large couch, coffee table, and a small tv.

"No one comes in here besides Melody, Dom and myself. The boss is interstate this week." Francis reassured Josh.

"Dom?"

"Yeah, the big beefy tattoo artist. He also goes by Taurus or something, at least that was his nickname in prison." Melody explained casually.

"Prison?" Josh raised his eyebrows.