6. Originality

It was midday, around the same time that the two boys had decided to go to New Jersey, only 24 hours later. Despite Tyler and Ryan's drunken and sleep-deprived argument about who could look after Josh better, Tyler was gone before Josh had even regained consciousness. Ryan had seen it coming so he wasn't surprised, just gave Josh whatever he needed until he was ready to head back to Brendon's. Not even by the time Ryan even finished his lunch, his phone rang and it was Tyler's number. Ryan only groaned, expecting the worst from his best friend, but he answered anyway.

"Hello?" He spoke slowly.

"Ryan! I have so much to tell you about yesterday!" Tyler spoke loudly into the phone.

"Why didn't you come back to tell me in person?" Ryan asked, Tyler never preferred phone calls over lunch.

"Well, I've got a killer hangover and Kanya, the legend, is giving me a massage."

"Hello, Mister Ross!" A voice called.

Kanya had been Tyler's number one masseuse for years. She was sweet and loyal, and Tyler was not afraid to spill any major secrets in her presence.

"She's honestly the best. So, Josh and I went to Atlantic City- my idea, and holy shit. He loved shopping so much, and he's so empathetic. For media trash, he's actually not that bad."

Ryan chuckled, nodding to himself. "So empathetic? Do tell."

"Well, we were to find a cab and he sees this homeless guy, yeah? And he made us stop, then gave him money and the blankets I bought. Then we argued about it and he called me a bad person but we won't go into that."

"Oh, I think we should go into that."

Tyler huffed. "He totally disregarded me but whatever, I'm a bad person. I know. But anyway, I ended up leaving him so I could actually a cab before we got assaulted but when I come back he's all freaking out and stuff."

"And stuff? Go on."

"A panic attack, whatever. Nothing drastic. He was fine later anyway. Raided my fucking cabinet while I was napping, the bitch."

"He said you told him where to look." Ryan hummed knowingly.

Tyler spluttered, "I didn't think he would!"

"You seem to have that effect on- people."
"Excuse me?"

"By people, I mean Josh. And the effect- Tyler, baby, he's trying to impress you. You guys had a bit of a bad first impression."

"Exactly, so why would he be trying to impress me? If anything, I should be trying to impress him- he's the one who's more likely to spill something to the media."

"He wants to be your friend, that's why he's trying so hard."

"Well, he should just stop before he hurts himself." Tyler said insensitively.

"He would stop if you stopped referring to him as 'The Media' and instead called him 'Josh'."

"Joshua." Tyler corrected him.

"You're the only one who calls him that. What's the deal?" Ryan asked, grinning to himself.

"I'm a musician who likes cocaine and alcohol, I need to be original somehow."

Ryan responded with a bellowing laugh.

Tyler gasped, "Wow, Ross. So insensitive."

"You're my favourite celebrity, Tyler Joseph." Ryan admitted.