Mommy Issues

Erin POV

Hailey is still asleep while I'm getting dressed and packing for school. I've tried getting Hailey up but she is a force to be reckoned with.

Halloween is in a few days and I still don't know what Hailey is going to wear. She refuses to tell me even though I told her I would be a knight.

As I finish brushing my teeth I hear Hailey groggily getting up. I smile at the thought of her goofy bed head and the cute annoyed look on her face.

"Babe!" Hailey calls to me.
"Yeah!" I fall back.
"All your cloths are to big!" She shouts. Shoot, I forgot that Hailey needs to get cloths from her house. I spit out my toothpaste and walk into my room where Hailey is standing there in my oversized sweatshirt.
"I mean, you could just wear that all day. I don't mind." I tease.
"Erin!" She hits me with one of her sleeves that goes past her hand. I laugh.
"How about we stop by your house on the way to school and I'll head in and grab your cloths." Haileys smile drops.
"My mom won't like that..." she says staring at the floor.
"I don't give a shit what you mom thinks. If she doesn't love you because of who you are and not because of who your soulmate is, then she can go to hell." I state. Hailey shyly smiles and continues getting ready for school.

***

We pull into Haileys driveway and she recognizes her moms car.
"Erin you don't have to do this. I'll go in." She says unbuckling her seat belt.
"I'm not letting you go in without me, and I would rather you stay here. I don't want you getting hurt." I say placing my hand on hers. She looks at me with cloudy eyes. I smile at her and I open my door, she follows along behind me. I really don't want her getting hurt but I can't exactly stop her. I open her front door and take her hand protectively. As I enter I see a beautiful huge house. Marble floors, Fancy kitchen, chandelier over the living room. And then I Make eye contact with her mom sitting at the counter of her kitchen.
"Hailey Goldeen, who in the name of hell is this!" Her mom stands up. She looks a little like Hailey but she has brown hair and brown eyes.
"Hello, my name's Erin Knight, I'm your daughters soulmate." I say and stick out my hand for her to shake. She walks over and instead of shaking my hand, I feel a burning sensation across my face.
"Mom!" Hailey screams. This bitch just slapped me. Her mom moves over to get a hold of Hailey but I step in front of her.
"Get out of my way! That's my daughter! You have no right-" she starts.
"She stopped being your daughter when you judged her for who her soulmate was!" I interrupt. I'm fuming and I want to give this lady a piece of her own shit.
"Hailey go upstairs and get whatever you need for my house. I'll talk with you mo-" I feel a knee to the gut. This old bag can pack a damn punch I'll give her that.
"Erin! Mom! Stop!" Hailey begs.
"Go!" I tell her and she runs upstairs. I turn to find her mom rummaging through a drawer. She takes out a god damn frying pan and chucks it at me.
"Get out of my house! There is something wrong with you people!" She screams I duck behind a chair but another pan hits me in the eye.
"FUCK!" I yell. I hold my hand over my eye. It hurts like hell. I run upstairs and runs into an open door, closing and Locking it. I turn around to a cute pink/white room with super Aesthetic decor. Then I see a crying Hailey shoving cloths into a bag. I run over to her and envelope her in a hug. She turns around in surprise but then falls into me.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She says. She is shaking in my arms. I take my hand and lift her chin up so she's looking at me.
"Shhh, it's okay. I'm here and I'm not leaving."
"Your eye!" She exclaims.
"I'm fine, let's finish packing." I ignore her protests and shove her stuff in bags. I open a drawer and to my surprise there are no cloths in it, just some picture of an eight year old girl with a boy around her age. I shove that in the bag too seeing as it might be important.

We fill as many random bags with her stuff then we run out her bedroom door and run down the stairs. Her mother is in the kitchen on a phone call and she has another frying on in her hand. We run to the front door and just as I'm about to get out that frying pan goes straight into my shoulder.
"Argh!" I yell and almost fall over, catching my balance last second. We hop in my truck and I quickly pull out of there.

Once we are at a safe distance I pull to the side of the road and put my head on the wheel. There are a few moments of wily it then Hailey says,
"Maybe we should skip school today..."
I scoff at her statement and look at her goofy smile.
"I'm surprised your not more upset." I say smiling back.
"Well as bad as that was, and trust me I don't like seeing your bruises... I've kinda always wanted to not listen to her stupid rules for once." She giggles. I shake my head still smiling and lay back in my seat taking a deep breaths everything kills.

***

We pulls back into my house and I help Hailey carry all her stuff in. We got three duffel bags and a backpack of her stuff.
"Why the fuck do you have three duffel bags?" I say as I hoist them up my stairs.
"I used to me part of the cheer team. But my mom told me I needed to focus on my grades." She says pulling her backpack and other duffel bag up the stairs.
"Your mom can't tell you anything anymore, if you wanna be apart of the cheer team then be apart of the cheer team. I'd love to see you in one of those skirts." I add.
"Erin!" She squeals as we get to the top of the stairs. I see her face turning red as she stomps off into my room. I laugh at her retaliation. Once I put the bags down I throw myself into my bed. Hailey falls into my bed tired.
"Ugh. My mom sucks." She jokes. I scoff and pull her in closer to me. Wrapping my arms around her waist and pressing my forehead against hers.
"Thank you for bring color back into my life." I say after a while of silence. Hailey opens her eyes and smiles at me.
"Thanks for giving me color in the first place." I feel my face turning red and my stomach keeps doing flips. I love this damn girl and I can't imagine being without her.