Group Chat

Hailey POV

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Why didn't I let Erin run after James.

I stare at the picture James sent to the popular kids group chat. Me pinning Erin against a tree and kissing her. It's obvious she didn't kiss me and James just happened to catch it. I'm basically throwing my self at her and using my knee to keep her legs from moving from the tree and my arms are laced around her neck. Everyone's going crazy on the chat. Alice is trying to calm everyone down and she is probably scolding her boyfriend. There has to be at least twenty five people on that chat.

"Baby..." Erin groans in a musky voice that sends chills down my spine. "It's 3:00am what are you doing up?" She questions and turns over to me. She glanced at the phone and her eyes widen. She looks up at me and observes my reaction. "Are... are you okay?" She says sitting up and putting an arm around me. I feel my phone buzzing for the thousandth time. Probably another random kid trying to ask me about the picture. I toss my phone on the bed and lay back, letting it ring. Erin lays back with me and pulls me close to her.
"I don't know why this all had to happen." I breath out.
"It's okay. You know what we are going to do tomorrow? We are going to walk in and own it! Okay? We are going to let people know we don't care what they say and if anyone comes near us I'll tag their house right after turning them into a human pretzel." Erin states. I laugh at the human pretzel part. Will I really be able to own this tomorrow? Ugh it's all so confusing. I look up to Erin who is mindlessly playing with my hair. She soon makes eye contact with me and smiles. I smile back and give her a kiss.
"Don't start kissing me like you did again. I might not be able to control myself now that we aren't in public." Erin says. Ugh I can't believe her. I elbow her in the stomach and she laughs. I turn away from her and lay down. She wraps her arms around my waist and pulls me into her. Our legs interwoven and her head in the crease of my neck.

We both fall asleep to the sound of my phone buzzing.

***

I wake up while engulfed in Erins arms as she sleep. For a top she likes snuggling A LOT. I laugh to myself at this little remark and try to get up, but Erins too heavy.
"No... don't go. I don't want to get up." Erin complains.
"Baby," I say, "I can't freaking breath." I try and shove her off of me again but she's like a rock.
"You're so comfy though..." she counters. I sigh. After ten minutes of struggle I shuffle my way out from under her.
"No...." she calls after me as I grab my cloths and start changing. She rolls over in bed and puts a pillow over her face.

After I get dressed I walk over to Erin and pull the pillow off her face. She grunt as a complaint and I pull the sheets off her.
"Stop it..." she says while still half asleep. I get into bed and snuggle up to her. She's in a bra and shorts so she will get cold fast but I have jeans and a sweatshirt so I won't. I trace over her abs with my finger tip as she stares at the ceiling.
"That feels nice." She says snuggling into me.
"You have to get up." I state while tracing my fingers across the freckles on her arm.
"Mmmm, no go back to my stomach it hurts." She protests while completely ignoring what I said.
"Aww, poor baby with cramps." I tease her and she rolls her half opened eyes. I wrap my arms around her abdomen and plant small kisses from her shoulder up to her jaw.

Then I leave abruptly, knowing that if I stay any longer I'll never leave. I snag my phone and look at all the missed notifications. I sigh and walk to the bathroom readying myself for the first day being outed. Erin walks in and takes a few Advil's before freshening up.
"You ready for today?" She asks. I sigh.
"Ready as I'll ever be." I reply. Erin. Smiles at me.
"Remember, we are going to own this." She says to me. I smile at her and wrap my arms around her neck and lean over the sink. Giving her a meaningful kiss.

***

We drive to school in my Jeep and as soon as we get out I hear some kid shout my name.
"Yo, Hailey! Are you really a lesbo?" Braxton runs up with his little squad and asks me.
"You and she's mine, so you better back off." Erin snarls at him and he and his friends back up.
"Ay, yo chill." He says then starts walking off. Erin takes my hand and we walk into the school. It's filled with whispers but I need to not show any fear. I smile at people as I walk by.

we soon get to the student lounge area and sit down on couch. Erin puts her arm around me and looks through memes on her phone and I look through my phone. It feels nice to just have Erin holding me. Knowing that no matter what these people think of me, Erin will destroy them. Alice spots us them rushes over.
"Oh my god. Are you guys okay? I'm so sorry for James. He's such an ass sometimes. We are on break because of that cruel thing he did." She explains to us. I just smile. And honestly, it's a real smile.
"Yeah we're fine. I don't like what he did but I can't exactly go back in time." I say. Alice looks confused. Erin doesn't bother to look up, she keeps staring at her phone. Alice gives me a small hug that's interrupted by Braxton.
"Yo Erin, you think you can just talk to me like that without a fight. Square up!" He says. Erin just stares at her phone and ignores him. But then he grabs me by my sweater. Erin stands up and he throws me back to his band of dickheads.
"What the fuck let me go!" I yell. Alice runs to go get help but Erin stands up with fury in her eyes.
"Aw, you want your Lesbo girlfriend back?" He laughs.
He throws a punch and hit Erin right in the jaw. She slowly turns her face back towards him. I don't know what Braxton is thinking. Erin is like a foot taller than him and she's much stronger. Soon a fight breaks out and three boys are being crushed by Erin as I'm screaming from his other friends arms. With every punch that hits her, the world goes black and white again. It hurts so much.

Little by little they begin to overpower her. Until finally Jack and Maya show up. One flash of their switch blades and everyone's running away. I practically throw myself at Erin and she smiles with a bloody face.
"Hey baby, scared those botched shitless didn't we." She jokes. I'm am in no way in the mood for her jokes. I grab her arm and pull her up. I turn around and nod a quick 'thank you' to Jack and Maya and they nod back.

I bring Erin into a one person bathroom and sit her down on the closed toilet.
"Come on, it's not that bad." She argues. I wet a paper towel and try to dab her face but she pushes my hand away.
"I'm fine." She says and tries to stand up. I push her back down and dab her face. She winces every time I go over her big bruise on her cheek and a gash on her forehead.

After awhile of cleaning I finally determine her okay for the time being. As I'm about to leave she grabs my hand and pulls me towards her.
"Erin come on we've got to go." I say annoyed.
"You told me to never to let you walk away." She replies with a goofy grin on her face. I laugh at her remark and she gives me a quick kiss on the forehead before we walk to our first class hand in hand.