Bullies

Erin POV

I stare at the sign on my locker.

Go to hell faggots

I grab it and crumple it up before ripping it into pieces. I turn to see Hailey looking at me curiously.
"What's was all that about?" She jokes. He goofy expression falls we she sees that I'm serious. "Everything alright?" She asks. I fake a smile and nod.
"Yes love, now lets get to class." I say and take her hand. People shot looks at us as we walk down the hall, it's been a few weeks sense the party and people still can't accept the fact that we love each other. It's feels like the time that everyone gossiped about how Becca must have been my soulmate since I got so sad when she died even though we never confirmed our status. I thought this all would have blown over by now.

Hailey squeezes my hand and smiles at me. She probably knows I'm a little off today, I can't believe that Hailey is my soulmate. I have to be the luckiest person in the world. When I'm angry or sad, she always just smiles and it makes me happy.

We walk into class and sit down. We are a little early so Hailey takes the time to take out her books and set up our table for work. I take the time to stare at her pathetically and question how someone could be as beautiful as my soulmate.

"Yo Erin, stop staring at you dumb ass girlfriend. You defects are making us all uncomfortable." I whip around to see a random boy laughing with all his friends about what he just said. I stand up but hear Hailey protest.
"Erin please don't." I cant just let this slide. I march my way over to the guys desk and pick him up by his shirt.
"You wanna take that back prick?" I say.
"Erin!" Hailey yells making her way over to me. Some classmates have taken out their phones and started recording.
"Better go back to your master, she's calling you." The guy says with a stupid smirk on his face. I punch him in the face and throw him back to the floor.
"Erin stop!" Hailey grabs my arm and I whip around to her. She looks furious. I take her arm and pull her out of class with me.

I pull her to a one person bathroom and shut the door as well as locking it.
"Erin what the fuck!" She says when I turn around to greet her.
"Look," I say, "I did that for us, everyone has been making fun of us and I'm done with it, you're just going to sit back and be pretty, it's all you can really do." I unleash all my fury on her. Tears start streaming down but I continue talking, "don't cry, I know you hate it too, those people deserve it!" I demand.
"Stop." She's says.
"They can't just walk around and call us names!" I yell.
"Erin please stop!" She says again. Only once I think about what I said do I realize why she is so upset. I back up with my eyes wide. I can't believe I said that, I can't believe I yelled at her. I was given a second chance with a new soulmate and I'm yelling at her. Hailey stares at me with red eyes. I just stare down at the floor ashamed.
"I can do a lot more than just sit back and look pretty." She finally says.
"I know." I whisper.
"And those people just don't understand. You shouldn't pick fights." She says.
"I know." My voice breaks.
"And you shouldn't yell at me." She says. I nod my head while my eyes start to sting and mouth the words 'I know'. Hailey walks out of the bathroom, holding the door for me. I follow her and we enter the class right as it starts. I know the guy and his friends as laughing about how I look sorry and pitiful while Hailey looks absolutely furious.

When class ends Hailey gets up and walks out, I promise not to let her ever walk out on me so I quickly pack up and follow. I walk besides her in the halls during our free block.
"Where are we going?" I ask. No response. I keep following her to the library. She picks out a book and brings in over to a table. She starts reading it and I just sit there awkwardly.

After awhile of silence I hear a sigh and Hailey closes the book. I still just stare at my fingers while fiddling with them.
"Erin." She says. I look up at her. She looks me in the eyes for awhile. She seems to be tracing every detail of my face. I push the bandana on my head back a little and sit up. She seems pike she's going to say something important. She opens her mouth then shuts it.
"You look nice today." She says. That was completely unexpected.
"Thanks?" I say cautiously. She opens her book again and starts reading. Leaving me confused.

"Hey Hailey?" I say after a few minutes of thinking.
"Hm?" She replies, looking up and me and resting her chin in the palm of her hand. She stares into my eyes curiously as if I was just another random person who was asking a question, if that makes any sense.
"I'm... really truly sorry about snapping at you. I didn't mean any of that I was just ranting." Without hesitation she answers.
"It's okay." She goes back to reading her book. What is she doing?